As wolves, Colmillos run very fast and are able to chase down Leon. Their main attack is to pounce and try to rip out Leon's jugular vein. This attack does massive damage and the player has to shake the control stick to throw them off. They sometimes pause and growl before attacking giving the player a chance to attack or flee. They also may spawn plaga like whips from their bodies. They can use these whips to attack the player.
|Chapter 2-1||Lake||Going back to the shore where the boat was located triggers a cutscene where two Colmillos attack Leon. Continuing up to the cliff will cause one more to spawn.|
|Chapter 2-1||Graveyard||Three Colimillos are waiting outside the entrance to the church.|
|Chapter 3-2||Castle garden||Many inhabit the hedge maze.|
- The TMP and the shotgun are effective in dispatching Colmillos when they swarm or are close. The rifle can be used to attack or see the Colmillos at a distance, for the frequent lightning will illuminate their outline.
- Incendiary Grenades will kill them instantly. Colmillos can also be killed if they run into the flames. If the plaga is exposed, a Flash Grenade will kill them.
- If you engage the first Colmillos, you can return to the motorboat and use the harpoons to attack them. This will conserve ammo and prevent you from receiving any damage.
- The first Colmillos at the Lake can be skipped over. Fighting them only yields what rewards they may drop and only give access back to the Swamp where only a few new items have spawned. The Colmillos at the church can be ran past. They will not be outside after rescuing Ashley.
- When a player attempts to kill the two Colmillos on the original shore, only one will give chase to the boat.