|ERROR: INCORRECT PARAMETER:||Purchasable|
|Appears in:||Resident Evil 4|
The Handcannon is unlocked by completing "The Mercenaries" mini-game and getting 5 stars on all four stages with all five characters. From there, the Handcannon may be purchased from the Merchant for 0₧ in the cleared game shop screen.
The Handcannon takes up 2x4 spaces in the inventory menu, 8 boxes total. Its base firepower starts at 30.0. Unlike other Magnums, the Handcannon uses its own type of ammunition; Ultimate Mighty Z bullets. Ammo for the gun will only drop in the game when it is inside the player's inventory.
It will take 790,000₧ to fully upgrade the Handcannon. It's Exclusive upgrade increases it's firepower to a massive 99.9 and gives the gun infinite ammunition.
This revolver is useful for fighting tough enemies or blasting through several tightly bunched ganados. However, the gun produces huge recoil when fired; making missed shots possibly fatal for the player. It is the only weapon powerful enough to pierce zealot and militia helmets.
At maximum firepower, the Handcannon will take down bosses and sub-bosses very easily. For instance, killing an El Gigante requires only two shots: the first one to drop the giant on its knees, the second to kill the parasite that emerges from its back. It will also disintegrate armor-wearing Armadura parasites in one shot.
- Fully upgraded, the Handcannon is the second most powerful weapon in the game next to the Rocket Launcher.
- The Handcannon does not really fire one powerful bullet; it actually shoots a burst of five individual bullets bunched extremely tightly (this can be seen by shooting water).
- When equipped in the inventory screen, Leon will stand with his back facing the player and perching the gun on his left shoulder.
- At Level One and Two for reload speed, the reload animation involves Leon inserting individual rounds, but at Level Three, Leon uses a speedloader.
- Even with infinite ammo, the player can still press the reload button to see the reloading animation.
Tune up chartEdit
Fire Speed and Reload Speed are given in seconds.
The exclusive firepower level and infinite ammo are awarded at the same time.
It takes a total of 790,000₧ to fully upgrade the Handcannon or 590,000₧ without the exclusive upgrade, in case you want to do a normal playthrough with it.
|Level||Fire Power||Cost||Fire Speed||Cost||Reload Speed||Cost||Capacity||Cost|
- Examine: Handcannon
"This is a .50 magnum. Need we say more?"
- Fully upgraded Examine: Handcannon
"This.50 magnum now fires infinite bullets! Gotta love it!"
- Merchant Comment
"Stranger! *laughs* What d'you need that for? Goin' huntin' an elephant?"
"Fire infinite bullets! It also increase the firepower beyond the weapon's threshold."
Its Ultimate Mighty Z ammunition is scarce. Ammo drops for Handcannon ammo are quite sketchy; it is quite possible (with minimal usage of the Handcannon) to rack up 50 rounds in a chapter, at other times, barely 5 rounds can be found per chapter, though sometimes lucky players and professionals can rack up to 100 per chapter (ex: 65 in 1-1).
The ammo sells for 600₧ per round; so once the Handcannon has been fully upgraded with infinite ammo, the rounds can be a profitable source of income. (enemies will continue to drop Handcannon bullets even with the exclusive upgrade)
The Handcannon must be upgraded to the max to fully utilize the power it harnesses. It will take at least 1 or 2 playthroughs to fully upgrade the Handcannon. But if you have the Chicago Typewriter, you can sell all the other weapons and any ammo and treasure you find; making it possible to get 2 million Pesetas in only 1 playthrough. But it is advisable to keep a rifle, because it is vital in the Castle chapters.
- The Handcannon will normally sell for 0₧. However when fully upgraded, it can be sold for 395,000Pts.
- The Handcannon is the only item in the attaché case that initially points to the left, rather to the right.
The following guns share a very similar appearance and performance to the Handcannon: