(Capcom's primary storyline)
|Date of death:||September 29th, 1998|
|Occupation:||Raccoon police officer|
|Appearances:||Resident Evil 2|
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Outbreak File 2
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
|Voice:||Lex Lang (DC)|
Beau Billingslea (Outbreak 2)
Marvin Branagh was an officer of the Raccoon City Police Department.
While still serving at the police station, Marvin rallied a small group of the collected survivors present to continue fending off the undead. Soon, the grim reality set in that nowhere was safe
Shortly before rescue arrived for the group, Marvin was fatally bitten across the chest by a zombie. Knowing he was beyond help, and professional to the end, Marvin decided to remain behind, buying time for the others and locking himself in an office.
Shortly after this, he fell asleep due to the injuries he had sustained, and was later discovered by Jill Valentine when she fled into the police station to escape from the Nemesis. Jill mistook his unconscious state for death.
Marvin remained unconscious and in the office until Claire Redfield arrived. By this time, Marvin had awoken and had since become the only surviving officer besides Leon, Chief of Police Brian Irons and Elliot Edward who was killed on the roof sometime later.
Marvin informed Claire of her brother's involvement in the Mansion Incident with the other members of the Special Tactics And Rescue Service; a rescue-based special forces unit. Marvin lamented he and the other R.P.D officers didn't believe their warnings about the experiments of the Umbrella Corporation.
He concluded by requesting Claire find the other survivors and forget about him, which Claire attempted to argue. Desperately, Marvin rose his gun to the teenager ordering her to leave, though she complied, she promised to return. As she left, Marvin locked the door behind her knowing that he would soon become a zombie.
A while later, Claire found a way back into the office just as Marvin succumbed to his wounds and transformed into a zombie. Claire was forced to kill him after he tried to attack her.
In Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles scenario, Memories of a Lost City, Marvin once again portrays the role he carried in Resident Evil 2. Unlike the original game, he is found in the main lobby of the station and introduces himself to Leon and Claire with his full name. He jokingly welcomes Leon to his party and refers to himself as Leon's (would-be) boss.
He requests the two to go look for survivors in the other rooms while he remains in the lobby continuing to suffer from his wounds. While chasing Sherry Birkin towards the lobby, the two discover that Marvin had become a zombie and are forced to take him down.
In Resident Evil Outbreak File 2, Marvin appears as an NPC fighting off zombies inside the front gate of the RPD. Here he appears already injured. Unlike the other officers fighting throughout the RPD, he is not killed after enough time in the scenario has passed.
Marvin can also be unlocked as a playable character later in the game, available for purchase for 4000 points, after completing "desperate times" with Kevin Ryman. Marvin may also be playable in the first Resident Evil Outbreak through the Data Convert option. Marvin is a Mark-type character, and is able to perform the same actions as Mark Wilkins (such as pushing heavier objects, blocking attacks, etc.). Marvin starts in FINE condition with a Hemostat. He has an average vitality between 2000 and 2500, a movement speed of 1.00, a relatively high infection rate of 2.03% per minute, and an attack multiplier of x1.00.
There is another version of Marvin in the Outbreak games. This version is coded as a character as well but was never meant to be played as as it is statless and must be modified to have stats via game enhancer.
- Marvin was originally going to be a major supporting character in Resident Evil 2, and was to be wounded (presumed to be shot) in the leg. In the final version, it was Leon who got shot.
- In Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Marvin cannot be dispatched by a headshot, in contrast to similar character Forest Speyer, who could be dispatched immediately after appearing in "The Umbrella Chronicles". However, in Resident Evil 2, he can be decapitated by using high caliber weapons such as the shotgun or the grenade launcher.
- He is a rescue-able citizen in the Resident Evil 3: Nemesis minigame The Mercenaries - Operation: Mad Jackal. He will appear in the substation, surrounded by seven skinned zombies. If he is alive, player will hear him scream "Go away!", entering that room. He will drop the following items for saving him: Handgun Bullets (60) for Carlos Oliveira and Nikolai Zinoviev; First Aid Spray for Mikhail Victor. He will die if the player doesn't save him in 6 minutes of gameplay.
- It is possible that Marvin was a sergeant of the R.P.D. as he was meant to be Leon's boss and was responsible for training new recruits.
- In Desperate Times scenario, if a player controls Kevin and goes to talk to him, they'll have a conversation about the situation going on in the city, and asks him for help to get the gems.
- ↑ Official Darkside Chronicles website (Japanese). Capcom. Retrieved on 2010-05-08.
- ↑ Biohazard Outbreak File 2 Grand Bible