|Created via:||t-Abyss Virus infection|
Researchers gave them the name Ooze because they look like bloated corpses. Ooze are most skilled at appearing in unexpected places. They use the flexibility of their bodies to move through various cracks or gaps to chase their prey. Their movement pattern is unpredictable. Their behavior patterns are believed to be rooted in instinctive desire, based on the drying up of liquids. This is thought to be due to unusual consumption of body fluids during the spread of the t-Abyss virus throughout the body.
They don't eat flesh but rather drink the blood of their victims to replenish their body fluids. T-Abyss infected people and zombies differ on this point. The leech-like organ inside their mouths is an evolved tongue for sucking blood. After capturing their prey, the Ooze bite into their victims with their tongue and drain the body fluids.
Typically only male victims of the t-Abyss virus become Oozes; female victims instead tend to become Sea Creepers (with at least one notable exception).
Types of OozeEditThere are several types of Ooze, each which display different characteristics:
- Standard - They are the same height as humans, its head appears to be hinged near the base of the skull, it has long needle like teeth on the upper jaw and rather than a bottom jaw its head tilts back revealing the esophagus from which its leech-like tongue extends, it also has coral-like growths of bone extending from their arms. Their main venue of attack is a grab where it will attempt to suck out the player's blood but will attempt to hit the player as well.
- Pincer - Ooze that possesses long, claw-like arms. These arms are folded like razor blades and extend when attacking the player. They can incapacitate the player, rendering them unable to move or attack with anything other than a handgun. They, like the standard Ooze, can also grab the player and suck out their blood, although this happens less often. They are slower but notably stronger than a standard Ooze.
- Chunk - Ooze that resembles a bulging lump of meat that has residual hands and legs. Their only method of attack is to explode violently, which occurs when they are close to an enemy or are killed. This can heavily damage other enemies as well as the player.
- Tricorne - Ooze that develops bow-like arms which shoots sharp projectiles. They tend to appear far away from the player. Quickly get close to attack them or keep your distance and use weapons such as rifles.
Standard Oozes are your basic enemy, however they should not be taken lightly as they can appear unexpectedly from behind. Their attacks are:
|Grab||Low damage if quickly shaken off. Causes death if not shaken off.||If the Ooze is close enough to the player, it will grab and use its leech-like tongue to suck on its prey's blood.|
|Backhand||Heavy||The Ooze will deliver a heavy damaging backhand, knocking the player back if not avoided.|
|Slam||Moderate||The Ooze delivers a downwards arm slam to the player.|
|Quick Bash||Light||The Ooze performs a quick and unpredictable arm swing, but causes light damage to the player.|
The Pincer Ooze are more agile and can take more punishment compared to the Standard Ooze. They rely heavily on their claws to damage and incapacitate the player. Their attacks are:
|Double Claw Swing||Heavy||The Pincer Ooze performs a double claw swing. If the player avoids the first swing, the second swing may or may not hit the player.|
|Double Claw Drag||Moderate||The Pincer Ooze uses both of its claw and drags the player towards itself, also dealing damage.|
|Grab||Low damage if quickly shaken off. Causes death if not shaken off.||Similar to the Standard Ooze, it will grab the player and use its leech-like tongue to suck its prey's blood.|
|Incapacitate||Light (Causes incapacitation)||The Pincer Ooze performs a quick, light damaging slash to the player's leg, causing the player to be incapacitated.|
|Slam||Moderate||If the player is incapacitated and does not get up quickly, the Pincer Ooze will deliver a downwards arm slam to the player.|
This variation of the Ooze does not have any apparent leech-like tongue. It only has one but quite damaging attack:
|Explode||Heavy||When the Chunk Ooze either takes enough damage or gets very close to the player, it will explode and damage the player and also everything in its blast range, including other creatures.|
This type of Ooze prefers ranged attacks but also has little variation of close ranged attacks. Its attacks are:
|Shoot||Moderate||From a distance, it will steadily aim its arm towards the player and shoot a projectile from it.|
|Quick Bash||Light||The Tricorne Ooze performs a quick bash to the player if he/she gets too close too it.|
|Backhand||Moderate||The Tricorne delivers a backhand swing to the player but not as damaging as the Standard Ooze's backhand.|
- Shooting it in the leg will cause it to fall to the ground, while shooting both of its arms stuns it for a melee attack. Its head is its weak point.
- Knifing is very ineffective and is not recommended unless done by a skilled player. Not recommended on Hell Mode, although sometimes it's useful to conserve ammunition. If the knife must be used, concentrate on the enemy's head, as this will often result in either a critical hit, a stun, or at least interrupt attacks. Jill's knife, the fastest in the game, is by far the most effective.
- The Standard Shotgun (not upgraded) can kill it in two shots on Normal, and 3-4 shots on Hell Mode.
- Due to the spread of shotguns, shots at the chest will usually do more damage than shots aimed at the head.
- The Standard Handgun (not upgraded) takes 7-10 shots on Normal, but up to 2 magazines in Hell Mode.
- The Standard Magnum (not upgraded) can kill it in one shot in the head, no matter in which difficulty, but takes 2 shots to kill it in Normal if aimed at the body.
- The rifle is not at all recommended if you're not a good shot, as the rifle tends to move without the controller. The upgraded PSG-1 (in speed) is best recommended against the Tricorne. Burst-fire for the rifle is also recommended.
- It will take over 50 fully automatic shots on Normal to kill an Ooze. The fully automatic guns are recommended for shooting the legs of an Ooze, and best recommended against the Chunk Ooze.
- Chunk Ooze will blow themselves up shortly after their legs have been crippled. This is useful for conserving ammo, as their legs are considerably weaker than the main body.
- When facing Tricorne Ooze in narrow spaces without cover, keep focusing fire on their heads in order to prevent them from firing their projectiles. These are by far the easiest oozes to kill with knives, as they aren't as effective in close quarters as the others.
- Even though they are called Ooze, at no point in Resident Evil: Revelations are they called Ooze by any character at all; however, Jill did call Rachael a zombie after she had mutated. The name Ooze is used by Jessica Sherawat in Jessica's Report.
- Before the concept of Ooze came, zombies were proposed as the main enemies. It is unknown who or what the man was in the e-Shop demo, but he is referred to as a dead zombie.
- In the demo featured in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, the Ooze snarled instead of making gurgling noises.
- There may be a similar connection between the Ooze and the Globster, like the one existing between the Zombie and the Licker.