Note: The main page talk is no longer for general talk. To discuss something other than the main page's design, please use Special:Forum.
Article reconstruction Edit
I know that it's a bit late to ask about this, but what was the point of changing each article so that only one section would be shown at a time? To my knowledge, no other wiki has ever done that and needless to say, I find it extremely awkward and unnecessary. Asdfsfs (talk) 18:50, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Simpsons Wiki; Futurama Wiki; Family Guy Wiki; RWBY Wiki all do it. Steps had already been made years ago when we separated the galleries due to them taking up too much space. Albert Wesker's article had some problems loading due to excessive information.-- Forerunner 18:57, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
Option to turn off the music in the main page Edit
Hello there, I don't know if this is the proper place to make this request, so I apologize in advance if it's not.
I would really like to have the option to turn off the music when you visit the main page or, if other users agree, to remove it completely. I think it was a nice gesture by the designers of this wiki to add it, and it was great to listen to it the first couple of times I came here.
Unfortunately, that feeling weared off on subsequent visits. I come to this wiki a lot in search of information or to edit pages, and I must confess: being forced to listen to the save room music each time I come here is really getting on my nerves.
- It's a YouTube video playing on an infinite loop, gathered from the German Wiki. You can find it on the page; granted, it's hard to see. I didn't know people still frequented the main page, given that the Special:Preferences feature usually has them being sent to other places directly, such as the Activity feed.-- Forerunner 14:17, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for your response, Forerunner. I haven't been able to find it on the page, if you could point me where it is, I'd appreciate it.
- I tried to block an address using the BlockSite add-on for Firefox. I thought I had succeeded but it actually stopped all videos from YouTube, lol.
- Anyway, if someone could point me to the exact address in YouTube where the video is, I could block it without problem. Thank you in advance. -- LaVey (talk) 19:12, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Bottom-right corner. It's easy to hide because we collapsed it. There was no sense in having a blank video playing audio. -- Forerunner 20:26, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
- A-ha! Finally found you, you little bastard, annoying music playing in the background! XD
- I can see now that the music is muted by default. It still keeps loading the whole track but, at least, I'm not forced to hear it anymore. For the time being, this will work until I find a way to block it completely.
- Thank you very much for your support, Forerunner, and have a nice day! :) -- LaVey (talk) 20:47, October 3, 2013 (UTC)