Wikia

Resident Evil Wiki

Rachael

  • Riley Heligo
    Riley Heligo closed this thread because:
    A few months old.
    14:08, July 11, 2013

    Just what is with Rachaels outfit and hair? That's just weird. How is she suppose to see anything and why would her boobs be that exposed?

    Scan25
    Rachael Wardrobe
      Loading editor
    • I always figured her hair was in her eyes so player's wouldn't care for her. From playing Revelations, I gathered Rachel's only purpose was to twist the story more by making you not be so suspicious the FBC. Because why would those behind what's going on loose one of their agents? So she was designed so you couldn't see her face thus, you couldn't connect with her and wouldn't focus on who she was, or care that she died.

      Why her boobs are showing? No idea.

        Loading editor
    • She's mainly just a red shirt character. As for the boobs, maybe Capcom thought it would appeal to male gamers?

        Loading editor
    • ParallelTraveler wrote:
      I always figured her hair was in her eyes so player's wouldn't care for her. From playing Revelations, I gathered Rachel's only purpose was to twist the story more by making you not be so suspicious the FBC. Because why would those behind what's going on loose one of their agents? So she was designed so you couldn't see her face thus, you couldn't connect with her and wouldn't focus on who she was, or care that she died.

      Why her boobs are showing? No idea.


      That would certainly explain the hair but she also had a weirdo personality. She was suppose to be a trained agent and yet she acted all pathetic when attacked. Altough that might be even more unrelatable (only then you'd pity her).

        Loading editor
    • I agree, I think she was just a small character that was meant to be killed off so that players were given the opportunity to see the t-Abyss virus' potential.

      But in an ironic twist, a lot of players ended up liking her despite her small role.

      Look-wise, the bottom half of her face looks suspiciously like Jill's, not sure if it was intentional, symbolic or laziness on their part.

        Loading editor
    • She's best described as an "Ensemble Dark Horse." I think that her face looking similar to Jill's is either just a coincidence or it has a deeper meaning... no idea what that could be though.

        Loading editor
    • LadyinCrimson9 wrote:
      She's best described as an "Ensemble Dark Horse." I think that her face looking similar to Jill's is either just a coincidence or it has a deeper meaning... no idea what that could be though.


      Well, as odd as it may sound, I sometimes wonder if maybe Capcom designed her with (part) of Jill's face to symbolize Jill's future transformation in RE5. In Revelations, Rachael goes through a dramatic transformation and doesn't look or act like her old self; could it be the same for Jill in that sense? (Could be total bull, though, but it's something I've thought about)

        Loading editor
    • It's an interesting theory....

        Loading editor
    • A tradition in Capcom games has been to use Jill Valentine as a placeholder for female characters, and then modify that model later on, hence why she's Ada's placeholder in Resident Evil 4. Maybe they have similar facial features because Capcom didn't think anyone would notice her face, and so didn't care for changing the model.

        Loading editor
    • I heard that she was a "Nod" to a Viewtiful Joe character. She seems to be a softy outta the "'cademy" and this was her first mission. Something tells me that Racheal's back story might be revealed in this version, also i think that she will have another fate and be a playable character at last.

        Loading editor
    • Shes important enough to have a last name now, anyone know how to pronounce it? I can come up with 4 different ways.

      I actually had really looked forward to playing as Rachael on the 3DS. Before i had really dug into any info about Revelations, i wanted to see some vids of it. (this was either close to release or after release) and i looked up Rachael's extended trailer first, not knowing squat about it. So i saw Rachael and was like 'oo shes awesome! Wonder what shes like.' and as i watched it became 'Run gurl, runnnnn!' and then it became 'nooo I JUST began to get to know her!' So i had hoped there'd be a way to change the story by getting there in time and saving her. (big shocker, there wasnt.)

      And then raid mode had like EVERYONE that was featured in the game at all playable, scratch the Veltro assistants (HUNK lookalikes. probably why they added HUNK to the game now. so many people thought he was the guy from the trailer(s) ) and then she ended up being the only unique character model that wasnt used. in Jessica's report, it shows Rachael running about, so she musta been scratched out cuz of all the backlash, (Hair, boobs. I, for one, rly like the hair. maybe coulda been better if they at least made one eye show, but its still pretty in my opinion.)

      After that, i had hoped she'd be DLC. notlong after release, they said the game wasnt made to support DLC, so no Rachael.  

      So i had been defeated. and just used Jessicas exposed buttcheek swimsuit instead. Was Sad Panda for a long time, then recently Capcom wanted a console remake. So since they announced it, my hope for her being added became refueled. and then one day working, about a month ago, i check my phone's updates and it says she was added.I was so happy, it got me re-excited for a game i already own. (Now i hear rumors of the game getting a season pass with extra 4 characters?)

      ..Long story short, im happy shes added. Even though she acts kinda pitifully when faced against the Ooze...i feel like that kinda personality drew me in.. as a normal person. you know? Shes not Jill Valentine, shes not battle hardened, she doesnt shrug off danger as just another day. she was fearful for her life. she just made the wrong decision of throwing her gun...steriotypically horror-film tripping outta nowhere, locking herself in a room with the monsters...Just taking that job in general.


      Twilight Sparkle wrote:
      I heard that she was a "Nod" to a Viewtiful Joe character. She seems to be a softy outta the "'cademy" and this was her first mission. Something tells me that Racheal's back story might be revealed in this version, also i think that she will have another fate and be a playable character at last.

      I agree with the idea that this is her first for-real-deal assignment she had been on. and i hope your right, id like to know more about the gal. and id REALLY hope to help her get another fate (Alas, i feel that is whishful thinking. But maybe a prequel chapter of Raymond and Rachael both first getting aboard the ship to the point they split up?)

        Loading editor
    • EmotionalDaisy wrote:
      Shes important enough to have a last name now, anyone know how to pronounce it? I can come up with 4 different ways.

      I actually had really looked forward to playing as Rachael on the 3DS. Before i had really dug into any info about Revelations, i wanted to see some vids of it. (this was either close to release or after release) and i looked up Rachael's extended trailer first, not knowing squat about it. So i saw Rachael and was like 'oo shes awesome! Wonder what shes like.' and as i watched it became 'Run gurl, runnnnn!' and then it became 'nooo I JUST began to get to know her!' So i had hoped there'd be a way to change the story by getting there in time and saving her. (big shocker, there wasnt.)

      And then raid mode had like EVERYONE that was featured in the game at all playable, scratch the Veltro assistants (HUNK lookalikes. probably why they added HUNK to the game now. so many people thought he was the guy from the trailer(s) ) and then she ended up being the only unique character model that wasnt used. in Jessica's report, it shows Rachael running about, so she musta been scratched out cuz of all the backlash, (Hair, boobs. I, for one, rly like the hair. maybe coulda been better if they at least made one eye show, but its still pretty in my opinion.)

      After that, i had hoped she'd be DLC. notlong after release, they said the game wasnt made to support DLC, so no Rachael.  

      So i had been defeated. and just used Jessicas exposed buttcheek swimsuit instead. Was Sad Panda for a long time, then recently Capcom wanted a console remake. So since they announced it, my hope for her being added became refueled. and then one day working, about a month ago, i check my phone's updates and it says she was added.I was so happy, it got me re-excited for a game i already own. (Now i hear rumors of the game getting a season pass with extra 4 characters?)

      ..Long story short, im happy shes added. Even though she acts kinda pitifully when faced against the Ooze...i feel like that kinda personality drew me in.. as a normal person. you know? Shes not Jill Valentine, shes not battle hardened, she doesnt shrug off danger as just another day. she was fearful for her life. she just made the wrong decision of throwing her gun...steriotypically horror-film tripping outta nowhere, locking herself in a room with the monsters...Just taking that job in general.



      Twilight Sparkle wrote:
      I heard that she was a "Nod" to a Viewtiful Joe character. She seems to be a softy outta the "'cademy" and this was her first mission. Something tells me that Racheal's back story might be revealed in this version, also i think that she will have another fate and be a playable character at last.
      I agree with the idea that this is her first for-real-deal assignment she had been on. and i hope your right, id like to know more about the gal. and id REALLY hope to help her get another fate (Alas, i feel that is whishful thinking. But maybe a prequel chapter of Raymond and Rachael both first getting aboard the ship to the point they split up?)


      I assume that her last name is pronounced as "Foh-lee"; but I guess we can't know for sure because all of the characters are on a first-name basis (except for O'brian and Norman). And I like the idea of bonus campaigns too, not sure if it'll happen, though.

        Loading editor
    • But i keep asking why in the ooze Rachael the boobs are bigger...

      Capcom it is supposed to be a zombie game not a Zombies with big boobs game...

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Advertisement | Your ad here

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki