Wikia

Resident Evil Wiki

Resident Evil 7 Game

  • Forerunner
    Forerunner closed this thread
    21:32, May 28, 2013

    I was Googleing Resident Evil 7 one day and got some hits on the possible Resident Evil 7 game. They were talking about what they (the fans) would like to see in it and how they (the bosses) are cutting the creation time to 2 1/2 years (so it might get released in 2015).

    So what do you think about this? Is there anything in particular you're hoping to see or is 2 1/2 games too short a time for making a good game?

      Loading editor
    • If they are taking the fans advice for 7 than they games going to be dumb. And what I'd want in 7 is for them to bring back every character that people keep begging and asking for to come back and have them all die in a flaming pool of acid so everyone would shut up about said characters.

      That would be great :p

        Loading editor
    • Souds like you were reading a forum post. Who is "they"? Capcom or just who ever posted the topic? If Capcom was taking advice for RE7 then this would have been bigger news. Also the planned release time sounds made up.

        Loading editor
    • ParallelTraveler wrote:
      Souds like you were reading a forum post. Who is "they"? Capcom or just who ever posted the topic? If Capcom was taking advice for RE7 then this would have been bigger news. Also the planned release time sounds made up.


      I don't know about fan advice, but Rely on Horror seems to think that RE7 could be released on 2015

      Stupid editor! This damn thing won't let me post the link, but google search "resident evil 7 2015 rely on horror" it should be the top result.

        Loading editor
    • Rely on Horror ironically is very unreliable. They usually stipulate rumors by writing articles about them.

        Loading editor
    • ParallelTraveler wrote:
      Rely on Horror ironically is very unreliable. They usually stipulate rumors by writing articles about them.


      Oh, okay. Not that I actually believe information from those kind of sites. I tend to wait and see when it comes to rumors, bt I do visit those sites just to see which rumor is currently flying around.

        Loading editor
    • Okay an answer to if I was reading a forum is apparently a no. I was reading Rely on Horror as well. and it was the Publishers that want to cut time.

        Loading editor
    • I read a similar article as you had.

      I honestly don't know if Capcom would churn out a new game every two years; it would be risky to rush a game like that. But at this rate, I don't think anything of the sort would surprise me that much, given the quality of RE6. 

      However, I do think that it's possible that they could continue the story right from where RE6 left off. The BSAA would probably need to do a major clean up since there are still BOWs in Edonia and China.

        Loading editor
    • Resident Evil 7 ??? Sounds interesting....

        Loading editor
    • and here I thought they are rebooting the series....I kinda hate reboots....we have to start all over again from the beginning... like new designs of characters...like they did to DmC

        Loading editor
    • I just hope to see HUNK and Claire Redfield return as partners, both working with the U.S. government with HUNK wearing his U.S.S. uniform from when he was with Umbrella.

        Loading editor
    • Spleepoppetween wrote:
      If they are taking the fans advice for 7 than they games going to be dumb. And what I'd want in 7 is for them to bring back every character that people keep begging and asking for to come back and have them all die in a flaming pool of acid so everyone would shut up about said characters.

      That would be great :p


      Hey, CAPCOM doesn't even have to make all the characters die in the same same game in a story ending. It's got to have a nicer ending. Like Leon finally gets to be a cop for more than one day after retiring from the U.S. government but not as an old, eldery man. So, please, just say something nice.

        Loading editor
    • Residentevilfan15 wrote:
      Spleepoppetween wrote:
      If they are taking the fans advice for 7 than they games going to be dumb. And what I'd want in 7 is for them to bring back every character that people keep begging and asking for to come back and have them all die in a flaming pool of acid so everyone would shut up about said characters.

      That would be great :p


      Hey, CAPCOM doesn't even have to make all the characters die in the same same game in a story ending. It's got to have a nicer ending. Like Leon finally gets to be a cop for more than one day after retiring from the U.S. government but not as an old, eldery man. So, please, just say something nice.

      That is something nice. I mean, c'mon, Capcom already put too many fan services in RE6 and now fans are saying "We want all the characters to be in RE6" or blatantly saying RE6 is too CoD-ish and wants it to return to its roots. Simply put, fans are too ungrateful these days. Say, Capcom is pissed with their "fans" then, they'll do the same thing Splee says as a big "Fuck You" to them. Pardon my vulgarity if you will.

        Loading editor
    • Joker496 wrote:
      Residentevilfan15 wrote:
      Spleepoppetween wrote:
      If they are taking the fans advice for 7 than they games going to be dumb. And what I'd want in 7 is for them to bring back every character that people keep begging and asking for to come back and have them all die in a flaming pool of acid so everyone would shut up about said characters.

      That would be great :p


      Hey, CAPCOM doesn't even have to make all the characters die in the same same game in a story ending. It's got to have a nicer ending. Like Leon finally gets to be a cop for more than one day after retiring from the U.S. government but not as an old, eldery man. So, please, just say something nice.
      That is something nice. I mean, c'mon, Capcom already put too many fan services in RE6 and now fans are saying "We want all the characters to be in RE6" or blatantly saying RE6 is too CoD-ish and wants it to return to its roots. Simply put, fans are too ungrateful these days. Say, Capcom is pissed with their "fans" then, they'll do the same thing Splee says as a big "Fuck You" to them. Pardon my vulgarity if you will.

      The only things that I don't even like about RE6 are: the submarine mission in Ada's campaign, the last lewvt in Chris' campaign where you have to run away from  the giant HAOS B.O.W., and the Blood shots zombies. Who here agrees?

        Loading editor
    • I don't...probably somebody else here can side with you. 

        Loading editor
    • No, let them all die so the fucking dumb fanboys can shut the fuck up about them coming back everytime a new game comes out. Oh but I guess then those same idots would of course start bitching about how they're still alive like how they constantly did about Wesker and complained about them being killed off so then all the dead characters children that mysteriously come out of nowhere would fill their place.

      I wish the series would just end already and die on a good end instead of the crap one fueled by the egositical minds of 12 year olds that its going down.

        Loading editor
    • Residentevilfan15 wrote:
      I just hope to see HUNK and Claire Redfield return as partners, both working with the U.S. government with HUNK wearing his U.S.S. uniform from when he was with Umbrella.


      This is the funniest thing I ever heard lol

        Loading editor
    • yeh i heard this too. seeing as in resident evil 6 we had two men together (chris x piers) i think there should be two women together. Personally, i want ashley graham (from re4) to become an agent and team with sherry. I really like sherry but HATE ashley but i think it would be cool to see how she would handle being an agent. I would definetly want claire and leon and chris to be in re7. maybe even leon and claire together, just like old times, hehe! i didnt like the man + man team on re6, i feel like resident evil HAS to have at least 1 woman in every team. but thats just my opinion :-)

        Loading editor
    • there may be a RE7 but not by capcom they sold it to another team. so dont get ur hopes up, its gonna be shit. just like bungie handed halo over to another group. all good things must come to an end :(

        Loading editor
    • Funny, I looked up on the RE Twitter and did a Google search, nothin' about Capcom selling the RE I.P.

        Loading editor
    • Bungie didn't "hand over" anything - the Halo IP was owned by Microsoft. Bungie didn't want to do another, so Microsoft said, "Okay, we'll get something else."

        Loading editor
    • I thought RE6 went pretty well for capcom. The best team was jake and sherry no question. I also think a woman/woman team would be cool, but I'm not sure that most fans would desire that at this point. RE7 needs to fix the game up so that you don't have to fight 1 guy over and over and over as seen with Mutant Simmons and Ustanak. Though Resident Evil has been know to use that "HES NOT DEAD JUST YET!' plot to their stories, it gets a bit execessive. They need to make it more like RE5 where the enemies are never quite the same. There are at least 10 different BOWs in that game and hopefully RE7 can be more like that. Maybe, a new character should be introduced and discouraged by the oldies (Leon, Chris, etc.) as being too young and shit like that. But then he/she emerges as a hero and saves their asses in the final battle or something like that. The final boss should be something like Haos from RE6. It should be more completely bizarre with tentacles and wierd facial features. It would have to be pretty good to top RE6.

        Loading editor
    • Well since Capcom said that the rumors of Cliff Blezinski being in the next installment are true, and that they'll show some sneakpeaks for RE7 at this year's E3, we'll just have to wait until June 11th to find out. Can't wait ^.^

        Loading editor
    • Diagoazn wrote:
      Well since Capcom said that the rumors of Cliff Blezinski being in the next installment are true, and that they'll show some sneakpeaks for RE7 at this year's E3, we'll just have to wait until June 11th to find out. Can't wait ^.^

      you don't trust rumours that easily. . .

        Loading editor
    • Diagoazn wrote:
      Well since Capcom said that the rumors of Cliff Blezinski being in the next installment are true, and that they'll show some sneakpeaks for RE7 at this year's E3, we'll just have to wait until June 11th to find out. Can't wait ^.^


      Source plz

        Loading editor
    • Lol sorry to cause troubles about these rumors. Honestly Cliff Bleszinksi wrote it on his twitter page and I read that capcom said it on Wikipedia but then again those are really unreliable sources so sorry again. But like I said we'll just have to wait until those years E3 next month :)

        Loading editor
    • source plz

      As in, give us the actual link to the tweet and where it says that on wikipedia. Even if the source is unreliable, let us see where that info actually comes froms so we can figure it out for ourselves.

        Loading editor
    • So thats why Cliff bleszinksi did not direct gears of war judgement. 

        Loading editor
    • ...Cliff WAS involved with Judgement...he left when it was being made.

        Loading editor
    • the twitter account Cliff wrote his message on was @therealcliffyb and here is what seems to be an april fools prank until near the bottom of the article where it shows capcoms response to the tweet. http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-news/its-official-cliff-bleszinski-involved-in-resident-evil-7/

        Loading editor
    • ugggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh relyonhorror uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggggggggorrrrrrrrrrrrrjjjjjjjjjj

        Loading editor
    • Rely on Horror generally provides the least accurate coverage on news. They put a lot of focus on spitulating rumors and generally are, unreliable.

        Loading editor
    • that's what I thought. Ok thanks for telling me. :)

        Loading editor
    • bring back Wesker!

        Loading editor
    • XShadowIchigox wrote:
      bring back Wesker!

      Well that be weird on the account that, well he's kind of DEAD, but thats probably not a good enough reason for people to go off of.


        Loading editor
    • XShadowIchigox wrote: bring back Wesker!

      Why would Capcom do that when they've said there's no way in hell they're bringing him back unless it was a prequel?

        Loading editor
    • Well shadowich wesker is dead and he wont come back like riley said. i am glad about wesker having a son and the intresting alex wesker thing, whatever capcom does with this wesker story, i dont care as long as its good.

        Loading editor
    • I don't really know how to react to another resident evil already. I mean last year was resi's biggest year. Revelations, Operation Raccoon City and 6, and already a report of Revelations to PS3 XBox 360 and PC. If they are already revealing a new Resi game. Kudos for all the work they've been putting into this franchise, But maybe they should have waited.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah RE was never that serious about biology etc, BUT

      I really really hate how decided to handle the mutagen element of the game. Las Plagas were a nice side trip, ok, but anthing after that simply went downhill (not counting t-Abyss).

      Tiny plagas can now mutate you into Leviathans; Oroboros doesn't which makes no sense at all (except for Reapers, those things are hilarious); C-Virus which apparently can do anything at no downside.

      First of all, we need the Tyrant back. Simple as that. Scale down the size of monsters we get to face. A human reporposed as killing machine is much more scarier than a centaur/dino/human/giant fly hybrid that can talk.

      Also let us fight monsters, not humans with superpowers. Other than Wesker ,I got that feeling from the J'varo, who where more or less humans with the nice benefit of gaining superpowers when wounded.


      TLDR; Give us back good enemies.

        Loading editor
    • Just end the series. We do NOT need RE7

        Loading editor
    • Master Plaga wrote:
      Just end the series. We do NOT need RE7

      They shouldent just end the series after the epilogues in re6 teasing it. 

        Loading editor
    • Simply put, making a good resident evil game isnt very complicated. All you have to do is make a game with creepy atmosphere, make you face just a few unexpectedly placed enemies at a time and have fluent and entertaining gameplay...in other words: Just make a fucking survival horror game like you were supposed to do in the first place! I really dont understand how CAPCOM can constantly fail so miserably at such a simple set of steps to follow. I mean, RE6 had EVERYTHING going for it, beautiful graphics, great music, good weapon mechanics, etc. But for some reason they decided to make it an action packed cover shooter instead of a horror game! This game couldve gone down as the best horror game of all time had it actually been a horror game! But by making it an action game they had to apply action game mechanics and style, and it really was NOT fun because they did NOT do it well. If instead of facing hordes of zombies that were actually just deformed humans or some sort of mutant beetle or person with a huge arm I had been facing two or three scary/powerful zombies at a time, the game wouldve been SO much better. And the fact that enemies drop ammo like a smith and wesson factory is just stupid. Leons campaign was the only one actually worth anything but it was still to action packed, even though I really did like it. And lets not forget, CAPCOM, do NOT include constant QTEs, I dont have a problem with well used ocasional QTEs but having a whole game with QTE based gameplay is frustratingly boring. Revelations was excellent BECAUSE it followed all those steps and its honestly the reason Im still excited for RE7, after seeing how well Revelations did in both sales and critical aclaim, they mustve noticed that survival horror is the way to go in a zombie game. I hope CAPCOM makes a ggame as good or better than Revelations because it really di seem like they were headed in the right direction with Revelations. I look forward to RE7 but I really hope they incorporate the fluid gameplay (not as many QTEs) and survival horror elements into it again. I have faith that CAPCOM wont screw it up this time and actually make a Resident Evil game with all-around quality.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Advertisement | Your ad here

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki