- The construction of the Spencer Mansion in the Arklay Mountains is completed some time in November.
- Stairway of the Sun flowers are successfully cultivated outside of the Underground Garden.
- The mass-cultivated flowers are proven to lack the Progenitor virus.
- All attempts at artificially cultivating the Progenitor virus have failed.
- Oswell E. Spencer proposes the founding of Umbrella.
- A variant of the Progenitor virus (Type-A) is administered to Jessica Trevor with negative results, she is disposed of soon after.
- A variant of the Progenitor virus (Type-B) is administered to Lisa Trevor with positive results, she is kept for observation.
- Architect George Trevor arrives at the Spencer Mansion. He believes his wife and daughter have already departed the mansion to visit a sick aunt who was hospitalized 3 days earlier.
- Jessica writes a letter to her daughter, outlining an escape plan to be implemented the next time they are taken to the lab. However, she is killed before it can be executed.
- Lisa Trevor wakes up after being injected with the Progenitor virus. She is worried about the sudden disappearance of her mother and feels abandoned.
- Spencer offers George Trevor a guided tour around the mansion; he discusses his artwork collection as well as his plans for Umbrella.
Lisa – now in a deranged state - writes about the killing of a woman who impersonated her mother. She harvests the woman's face, hoping to return it to her real mother.
Lisa Trevor, now beyond help, writes of her discovery of her mothers coffin. She recognized her mother's scent from within, but was unable to open the lid because of the large stones holding it in place.
George Trevor, unsettled by the disappearance of his wife and daughter looks around the mansion, and in the courtyard notices "additions" to his work.
George Trevor walks around the mansion further, and notices the shotgun given to Spencer by his wife for his birthday is also missing.
George Trevor is confined to a room in the mansion due to “security reasons”. He suspects the real reason is because - other than Spencer - only he knows all of the mansion's secrets.
As George Trevor writes in his diary he recalls that just before losing consciousness he overheard the men in lab coats saying, "Most likely your family is already..." He prays for their safety.
George Trevor escapes his prison cell of a room and struggles to remember the traps he designed throughout the mansion.
George Trevor is still unable to find a way off of the estate, despite having been everywhere on the grounds. In a corridor, he finds a single high-heeled shoe belonging to his wife, Jessica. Regardless of this grim discovery, he refuses to give up hope that his family is still alive.
George Trevor describes in his journal of malnourishment. His descriptions suggest he has become mentally unstable.
George Trevor (the date "November 31" is a translation error) writes in his journal. He writes of his discovery of a grave stone with his name on. He finally realises that Spencer intended him to die since he was chosen to build the mansion.
December 19th (Conjecture)
Lisa Trevor, now totally deranged, attempts to write in her journal, detailing her finding of her father's tomb. She describes her parents' bodies inside their coffins (due to being unable to reach her mother's, she may have looked through a crack), with Jessica being "whiTe and haRd" (Skeletonised) and George as "reD and sLimey".
- The date is merely given as "19" and seems to take place after George is entombed.
- ↑ Resident Evil 5 (2009), file: "History of RESIDENT EVIL".
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Resident Evil 5 (2009), file: "From Chief Researcher Brandon's Journal - No. 1".
- ↑ Resident Evil 0, file: "Marcus' Diary 1"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Resident Evil, Family Picture & Notes
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Resident Evil (2002), file: "Trevor's diary".