- Umbrella is founded as a way of selling bioweapons to the US military to get money to fund their eugenics program. All variants of Progenitor to be used as WMDs are called "t-Virus". Oswell E. Spencer; James Marcus and Edward Ashford each begin research into Progenitor with the aim of developing bioweapons from it.
- The cable trolleys that circulate around Raccoon City are built and imported from Europe.
James Marcus is chosen by Spencer to become the director of the Research Center within the Arklay Mountains. Marcus does not care for a job of training new employees but chooses the job anyway as a place of conducting his experiments.
Marcus writes in his journal about his latest argument with Spencer over the development of the Progenitor virus.
- ↑ Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (2007), file: "Memo on the Founding of Umbrella".
- ↑ Wesker's Report II
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Resident Evil 5 (2009), file: "History of RESIDENT EVIL".
- ↑ Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999), file: "Manager's Diary".
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Resident Evil Zero (2002), file: Marcus' Diary 1".