Resident Evil 4 features a number of special animations which can be performed in certain situations with the pushing of certain buttons. Some animations revolve around martial arts, while others may be as simple as kicking a door open or jumping through a window.
- Leon has two separate kick (蹴る) attacks. The Upper kick delivers a high-kick, while the Lower kick is closer to 90 degrees.
- Belly-to-Belly (ベリィ・トゥ・ベリィ) has Leon grab a Ganado enemy and lift their body over his. This results in Leon falling backwards to the floor and the Ganado suffering a head injury.
- Literally meaning "whirlwind foot" (旋風脚), the Senpūashi has Ada spin her body 180 degrees while delivering a high-kick.
- Back kick
The Back kick (バックキック) has Ada spin her body at a 180 degree angle and deliver a near-90 degree kick.
- Krauser delivers two high kicks, his left foot following his right.
- The Stinger (毒針) has Krauser force a Ganado to kneel down, allowing him to stomp on one of its knees.
- Left arm stab
- If his arm is mutated by the Plaga, Krauser can perform the Left arm stab (左腕突き), where he lunges his arm forward like a spear.
The Execution (処刑) attack has HUNK get behind a Ganado and break its neck.
HUNK's kick has him pull back his right arm to give it more distance to speed up on its way to the target.
Other moves Edit
- Climb (enemy)
- Climb (enemy) (よじ登る（敵）) is a special move performed by Leon when in combat with El Gigante. In this animation, Jumps onto the creature's back and begins slashing at the Plaga parasite. The number of button mashes determines how many slashes are performed before the creature gets back up.
- Throw (lantern)
- Throw (lantern) (投げる（ランタン）) is only performed by Ashley in Chapter 4. In this animation, she picks up a lantern, turns as far as 180 degrees and throws it at nearby Cultists.
- Hamamura, Koichi, ed (2006) (in Japanese). biohazard4 kaitaishinsho revised edition. Famitsu. ISBN 978-4-7577-2638-3.