(Fate, Ada and Sherry)
In 1991, Alan was a police officer for the New York Police Department. He left the force in disgrace after a false report led to a friendly fire incident. Moving to the quiet Stone Ville, Alan intended to stay out his self-imposed exile while still helping out the community. His deputy, Guy, had suspicions that he used to be a city officer, but no one had every asked him about his past.
Raccoon City aftermath
In October 1998 - a few days after Raccoon City was burnt down - Alan was sent a missing persons report for Steve, who had disappeared while his dinner was cooking. While checking Robert's house in the night, he found the dining room to be covered in blood. Two girls, Meg and Sherry, had hidden inside the house after Meg's grandfather was murdered. Alan took the two back to the sheriff's office to stay overnight; this earned the interest of the townsfolk, who had heard about a girl from Raccoon City being rescued; Mayor Finch was angered that he hadn't been informed about this.
Interested in Sherry and Meg's tale of zombies, Alan drove with Meg to Raccoon City, having some level of difficulty due to Army roadblocks and diverting off the highway. In the city, proper the two found that the city hadn't simply burnt down in an accident; the US military's "epidemic prevention unit" was actively burning down buildings to kill the zombies. Satisfied they knew enough and anxious to leave, they moved back to Alan's car. On the way back they were attacked by an Umbrella helicopter - the same which killed Meg's grandfather - and the car crashed. Alan distracted the helicopter while Meg ran into the forest to safety. He finally caught up as Guy and Sherry saved Meg from a group of zombies. Realising just how many zombies were moving through the woods towards Stone Ville, Alan had Guy leave town to get in contact with the county police.
Stone Ville incident
After returning to Stone Ville with Meg and Sherry, Alan called a town meeting, urging the residents to either evacuate or prepare for the approaching zombie threat. Mayor Finch, hoping to get an Umbrella factory opened up in town, had the town turn on Alan and demand the "demon child" Sherry be handed over to the company in exchange for their safety. The three were forced to spend the night stuck in Alan's office.
Waking up in the morning, Alan found that the citizens were caught by the zombies totally unprepared, with cars colliding with one another. A townsperson stopped by the office in his car to warn Alan to leave before driving off. As the zombies made their way into the building, the three climbed up to the roof. Seeing that searching for a working car would be too dangerous, Alan formulated a plan to commandeer a truck at the nearby sawmill. It was at this moment that the "epidemic prevention unit" arrived, burning down buildings and killing survivors and zombies alike.
Getting to the mill, they found it was locked, and Alan had to shoot off the zombies as the two girls squeezed through the fences. He made it into the garage after a member of the Umbrella Security Service arrived to take Sherry. As Alan got in, another USS operative threw a grenade, wrecking the truck.
With nothing else to do, the three walked back into town, finding no uninfected survivors remaining. They hatched a new plan: to go to the lumber yard and commandeer a raft - or otherwise use lumber as a raft - and float down the river to safety. Alan helped the girls get to safety, but refused to come with them due to a latent T-Virus infection sustained during the trip. As the zombies and special ops moved in on the last remaining occupied area of the woods, Alan sprayed gasoline all over the ground and light it. He died in a fire, taking a number of Infected with him.
- (in Japanese) バイオハザード2 ドラマアルバム ～小さな逃亡者・シェリー～ [BIOHAZARD 2 DRAMA ALBUM ~The Little Runaway Sherry~] (Radio). Capcom. 1999.
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 4, Scene 9: "Timber Yard" (材木置場).
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 2, Scene 7: "Sheriff's Department/Inside" (保安官事務所・内部).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 2, Scene 2: "Stone Ville, drugstore (morning)" (ストーン・ヴィルの町・ドラッグストア・店内（朝）).
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 1
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 2, Scene 3: "County Sheriff's office/Inside" (郡保安官事務所・内部).
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 2, Scene 4: "Highway" (ハイウェイ)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 2, Scene 5: "Raccoon City" (ラクーンシティ)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 3, Scene 2: "Forest (Night)" (森（夜）)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 3, Scene 3: "Stone Ville Sheriff's Office (Night)" (ストーン·ヴィル 郡保安官事务所・表（夜）)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 3, Scene 5: "Stone Ville Sheriff's office (night)" (ストーン・ヴィル 保安官事務所・表 （夜）)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 3, Scene 6: "Sheriff's office - centre (night)" (保安官事務所・中 （夜）)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 3, Scene 8: "Stone Ville - Sheriff's Office (Night)" (ストーン・ヴィル保安官事務所 （夜）)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 4, Scene 2: "Sheriff's office - centre (Morning)" (保安官事務所・中 （朝）)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 4, Scene 3: "Sheriff's office - centre (Morning)" (保安官事務所・中 （朝）)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 4, Scene 4: "Same, roof" (同・屋根)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 4, Scene 5: "Alley" (路地)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 4, Scene 6: "Sawmill" (製材所・表)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 4, Scene 7: "Same, Garage" (同・ガレージ)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 4, Scene 8: "The Town" (町中)
- ↑ The Little Runaway Sherry, Act 4, Scene 9: "Timber Yard" (材木置場)