(Covers information from Anderson's universe)
The mansion rests on the outside of the nearby city of Raccoon City. To protect the Hive's cover, the laboratory's head of security Janus Prospero and fellow operative Spence took accommodation in the building in the guise of a married couple.
To enter the Hive from the mansion, occupants must take a train from the basement of the mansion. The entrance to the basement is located in the dining room behind a mirror, activated by a control panel behind a light switch. From there, a staircase leads down under the mansion, to the Alexi 5000.
- During production of the film, the cast and crew stated that the mansion was unsettling.
- The real mansion is Schloss Lindstedt in Potsdam, Germany, where most of the film was shot.
- The mansion was used as a barracks by a Wehrmacht general during World War II.
- All the interior and exterior shots of the mansion were shot at Schloss Lindstedt, no sets were used.
- When One is showing Janus a map of the Hive, the 3D rendering of the mansion is inaccurate to the actual; the domed tower is shown in the middle of the roof and the building is shown as square, whereas it is more of an 'L' shape.
- The facsimile of the mansion's interior corridor appeared in Resident Evil: Extinction.