"Mission Objective: Collect 5 Plaga Samples and head towards the rendevous checkpoint!"
Assignment: Ada, also known as Ada the Spy in some regions, is a non-canon minigame featured in Resident Evil 4 unlocked after completing the game.
The minigame's plot involves Ada collecting a number of plaga samples as ordered by Albert Wesker (as opposed to collecting the single control plaga sample like in the main game). Ada does so and then reports back to Wesker that the mission was completed. She also states that Krauser was killed despite the implication that he had actually survived.
Although the plot is non-canon, it is interesting to note the ending scene has one of the biggest allusions to Resident Evil 5 in that Albert Wesker talks about "Significant changes in our world".
Ada wears a unique costume in the minigame which is a military-style uniform as opposed to her red dress as in the main game.
The game begins at the beginning of the island at Wharf A and ends at the Communications tower. The item layout on the map has been reworked for the minigame and pesetas and treasures are not found or used at all. The player must find the five samples of the Las Plagas parasite which are marked on the player's map. The only enemies featured are Ganado militia, Gatling Men, and Jack Krauser as the "boss" in the final area the player must defeat to get the last Plaga Sample.
The minigame is relatively short and is meant to be completed in one play-through as there are no save points during it. Ada starts the game with 6 & 2/4 Bars of health and has a slightly faster movement speed than Leon. The Plaga Samples Ada must collect take up space in the inventory instead of the Keys & Treasures menu.
Ada begins the game with a set loadout with the default size case. In the GameCube versions, she does not have a knife. In all other releases, Ada does have a knife. There are no other weapons to find besides Hand Grenades & ammo and the Merchant does not appear at all. Ada has the following items and firearms with the following stats;
- Handgun Ammo x30
- TMP Ammo x50
- Rifle Ammo x5
- Hand Grenade
- First Aid Spray
- Scope (semi-auto rifle)
|Weapon||Firing Power||Firing Speed||Reload Speed||Capacity|
|Punisher||Lv:6/6 (1.9)||Lv:3/3 (0.33)||Lv:2/3 (1.47)||Lv:4/6 (20)|
|TMP||Lv:6/6 (1.2)||Lv:1/1 (0.10)||Lv:2/3 (1.93)||Lv:3/6 (100)|
|Rifle (semi-auto)||Lv:6/6 (15.0)||Lv:1/1 (1.43)||Lv:2/3 (1.90)||Lv:2/6 (12)|
Plaga Sample locationsEdit
"A powerful parasite specimen, powerful enough to change the fate of the world."
Each Plaga Sample takes up 1x2 spaces of inventory. Due to them being mandatory in order to complete the scenario Plaga Samples are the only items in the game that cannot be discarded after putting them in the Attache Case.
|Freezer room||In the same place where the Infrared Scope was in the main game.|
|Surgery||Held by a corpse in the larger room.|
|Confinement room||In the very back of the holding room.|
|Culture room||In the very center of the lab area with all the shelves.|
|Communications tower||Dropped by Krauser after defeating him.|
- In the GameCube, PS2, and original PC versions, Ada has no knife, so try and conserve ammo, and to open multiple crates, line it up and shoot them in one bullet from the Punisher.
- Try to not get carried away with the Punisher's high rate of fire.
- Single-fire the TMP when possible to conserve ammo.
- Using The TMP full-auto is best saved to be used against shielded militia in close range, or multiple enemies, due to its high fire rate and high bullet consumption.
- Ada's melee attacks, Fan Kick and Back Kick, are particularly useful, due to your lack of a knife, and need to conserve ammo.
- Try to avoid Gatling Men whenever possible. They're relatively easy to flank in most presented situations, and not worth wasting ammo over, unless you are in dire need of a First Aid Spray or a Hand Grenade.
- Krauser is really easy to beat if you do this correctly. When he appears, dodge his attacks and run to the door you originally came from. Then equip your sniper rifle. Reenter the room where Krauser is. He will charge at you from the far end of the walkway, using his plaga arm as a shield. Try and snipe his knees before he reaches you. if you do, when he staggers, try and shoot either his head or upper chest. Repeat that until he reaches you. Just before he reaches you, re-enter that door again, reload and re-enter Krauser's room again. He spawns at the very end of the catwalk. Repeat what's above until he's dead. Grenades are more risky, due to their range, but also work well too if you can time it right. Sustained TMP fire at his knees is also effective. On the Wii, Xbox Live and PSN versions, do this same tactic, but try knifing him when he drops to his knee. This is very useful in speed running, as it only takes a few slashes to defeat him.
- Discard the Scope for the Semi-Auto Sniper since it's basically useless, this might help when collecting Plaga Samples since you need them in your Attache Case.
- After the fight with Krauser, no more enemies appear. Anything other than the first four Plaga samples may be discarded to make space in the inventory for the final sample.
Due to Ada's low health, Yellow Herbs are vital in order to stay alive and take more hits. There are seven in the minigame. Collecting them all raises Ada's max health from 6 & 1/2Bars to 8 1/4 Bars.
|Wharf A||In a small box on top of the cliff reached by using the "CLIMB UP" command in the beginning of the area.|
|Wharf A||In the room that Gatling Man comes out of, behind the sand bags.|
|Wharf B||After going up the ladder, in the cave with the grenade chest in it, by the crack in the wall where you can see the grenade chest.|
|Autopsy Room||Behind a glass protected shelf.|
|Confinement room||After the hallway in the actual room, in the right-hand corner of the room.|
|Infirmary||In the small room at the end of the hall on the desk.|
|Culture room||In the back of the lab area with all the shelves beside a Green Herb and a Red Herb.|
There is no formal results screen displayed at the end of Assignment: Ada. However, a unique credits sequence plays consisting of cutscenes from the main game but with Leon in his Special 1 costume and Ada in her costume from The Mercenaries minigame (The R.P.D uniform and Resident Evil 2 dress respectively).