(Covers information from Anderson's universe)
Becky was a clone created by the Umbrella Corporation as the Red Queen took over. Becky was one of many clones that shared the same unnamed progenitor, each having unique experiences in Umbrella Prime's environmental tests.
Becky was created with little actual memories, like all of Umbrella's clones. She did, however, have enough to project "the right responses" during the tests. As such, she willingly accepted "Todd" and "Janus Prospero" as her parents upon seeing them for the first time, with all three ignorant towards their lack of actual memories. She was programmed to live a comfortable life in suburban Raccoon City (actually the "Suburbia" test-zone), with all three being programmed to be skilled at sign language.
As the test simulation began, "Suburban Alice", Todd, and Becky woke up late for their appointments (work and school, respectively). While eating breakfast, they were attacked by the newly-arrived Las Plagas Undead, with her father seemingly being killed. She and her "mother" managed to escape into the streets where they were offered help by a clone of Rain. When Rain's Prius was hit by a truck, they were forced to run again, believing Rain to have been killed.
The "mother" and "daughter" found momentary refuge in a ransacked house and hid in a closet from an undead who followed them to the second floor. "Suburban Alice" attacked the Undead, instructing Becky to hide elsewhere. Becky stayed hidden until after the test ended, when she found Janus Prospero - the woman Alice was cloned from - now believing her to be her mother. As they left the house they were confronted by an a squad led by Jill, Rain, One, and Carlos, Becky mistakes the Carlos clone as her dad, despite Janus Prospero's protest to otherwise.
Janus led Becky to a train station where they encounter the Rain clone Becky met earlier. When Janus tells her to go hide with Rain, Becky tells Rain about how she met her 'evil sister' earlier on. Janus Prospero returns from helping Leon, Luther and Barry in the Red Square and the group make their way to the elevator through the subway system.
When they reach the elevator, the Red Queen disables the elevator, allowing the Umbrella soldiers to catch up with them. Rain was tasked to look after Becky while the rest tried to get the elevator working. Rain was killed by a surprise attack from an Uber Licker. The licker captured Becky and Janus Prospero went after her.
For a short time, the Uber Licker held Becky hostage in an cocoon before she was saved by Janus. While trying to make their way back to the elevator, they came across a room filled with countless clones of various people they encountered before. Becky came to a realization that Janus was not her real mother. In response, Janus tells Becky that "she is her real mother now" and the two escape the room after Janus detonates a pack of grenades that kill the perusing Uber Licker.
Becky and the others eventually made their way to the surface, only for their escape to be blocked by one last confrontation with Jill and Rain. At the end of the film, Becky and the others are brought to Washington D.C. where Wesker explains that they're fighting to the last of the surviving human race against Umbrella and the undead army.
- In an interview with the producers and Paul W.S. Anderson, when the question of whether or not Becky was Janus "Alice" Prospero's daughter, the answer given was that their relationship would be akin to that of Ripley and Newt from the film Aliens. Janus Prospero forms a close relationship with the girl, seeing her as a way to maintain her humanity. It is in the second theatrical trailer, that a scene featuring a red heads-up-display first identifies Becky as a clone.
- A casting call for the film requested either a boy or girl roughly of the age of six, with parents "willing to be in Toronto".
- Becky was not originally intended to be deaf, but Milla Jovovich and Paul W.S. Anderson watched Orphan while on honeymoon in Mexico and were so impressed with Aryana's acting they had the character re-written. Aryana was already cast by this point.
- ↑ 25 Things to Know About RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION
- ↑ Resident Evil: Retribution Theatrical trailer #2
- ↑ Casting Directors Are Looking For A Little Girl Or Boy To Be In Resident Evil Retribution
- ↑ Resident Evil: Retribution commentary with Anderson; Jovovich and Kopjoe.