- See also: Chainsaw Majini
The Chainsaw Man is a burly, chainsaw-wielding villager with a burlap sack over his head while wearing typical farmer clothing in addition. He can be detected by the sound of a chainsaw revving nearby. Due to his size, sack mask and unique weapon, he is very easy to tell apart from regular villagers.
Due to the Plaga parasite, the Chainsaw Man has been made exceptionally violent, and is compelled to relentlessly chase his enemies with his trademark chainsaw. Also due to the Plaga's assimilation, he has been made exceptionally robust in comparison to regular villagers and can absorb small arms fire with ease.[note 2]
The player can obtain a Bottlecap modeled after the Chainsaw Man. His bottlecap name is displayed as "Dr. Salvador" and his sound effect is the one played when he attempts to attack the player. He is one of the regular prizes that can be won when playing Game B.
- In the Japanese version of Resident Evil 4, Leon S. Kennedy's decapitation is censored due to decapitation being banned in Japan.
- There is a Resident Evil: The Deck Building Game card modeled after him named Dr. Salvador.
- There is a CLUB96 file based on him called Ganado (Chainsaw).
- Koichi Hamamura, ed (2006) (in Japanese). biohazard4 kaitaishinsho revised edition. Famitsu. ISBN 4-7577-2638-4.
- ↑ biohazard4 and its respective kaitaishinsho guide both refer to this enemy type as "チェーンソー男" - "Chainsaw Man". The name "Dr. Salvador" is absent and appears to have been added into the Bottlecaps by the localization department
- ↑ Excerpt from biohazard4 kaitaishinsho revised edition, page 101:
"伐採用のチェーンソーを武器とするガナード。寄生体との同化に適合しすぎたためか、 強い破壊衝動に支配されており、敵と認識したものを執拗に追いかけチェーンソーを振りまわす。その肉体は通常のガナードよりもはるかに強靭で、 多少の銃弾を浴びた程度で倒れることはない。"
- ↑ Hamamura (ed). Kaitaishinsho. p.101