Resident Evil (1996)
Chris along with Jill are the two main playable characters in Resident Evil. Chris' arrangement of the game is generally considered more difficult than Jills. Chris differs from Jill in that he can only hold six items, must collect and use small keys on locked desks because he does not get the lockpick, but can take more damage than Jill.
Chris' alternate costume is a brown casual clothes and a jacket that says "Made in Heaven" on the back.
Chris is also playable in the Sega Saturn port's Battle Game. He also has an extra alternate costume consisting of blue clothes and a protective black STARS vest.
Chris also has a redesigned costume in the arranged mode of Resident Evil: Director's Cut.
Resident Evil (2002)
Chris retains the difference he had in the original. Additionally, Chris can use grenades as a defense item where Jill can use the Stun Gun instead.
Chris' alternate costumes are an updated version of his outfit from Resident Evil CODE:Veronica, and a new outfit that includes a red shirt with "Made in Heaven" written on the back.
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
Chris keeps his unique aspects he had in the original versions. While standing idle, Chris can be poked on the touch screen on either his head or butt to surprise him. Chris' alternate costumes are the casual brown one from the original, and a new ninja outfit.
- Multi-Card Play
Chris is an initially playabe character in the Multi-Card Play modes in Resident Evil: Deadly Silence. His description is "Good with handguns" and his quote when selected is "Let's do this".
- Master Of Knifing
Chris is playable along with Jill in the Master of Knifing minigame. His gameplay scenario is describe as "Hard" mode.
Resident Evil 2 (1998)
Chris is a playable character in the Extreme Battle minigame in Resident Evil 2. He is unlocked after beating level 2 of Extreme Battle once.
He has the following items:
Unlike Leon who reacts to the recoil after shooting the upgraded shotgun, Chris keeps his aim steady after firing.
Resident Evil CODE:Veronica/CODE:Veronica X
Chris is played during the later half of the main game in Resident Evil: CODE Veronica/CODE:Veronica X. There are no specific gameplay differences between Chris, Claire, and Steve.
- Battle Game
Chris is also playable in the Battle Game minigame from the start. His boss fight is Alexia in her later forms. He is equipped with the following;
- Shotgun Shells
- Colt Python
- Combat Knife
- 2 Mixed Herbs
Resident Evil Survivor 2 CODE:Veronica
Chris' only weapon in Resident Evil Survivor 2: Code Veronica is the Linear Launcher, making him the "best" character in the game.
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Chris is playable in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles only in the last chapter of the "Game of Oblivion" scenario. His handgun skin looks to be a Samurai Edge. His melee attack involves him first shoving the zombie away, then preforming a spinning back fist. His assist melee attack is first using a high kick to push the zombie off his partner, then preforming a hook punch and then a roundhouse kick. His costumes are:
- Prototype - Default costume.
- Caucasus - Chris' costume from the "Umbrella's End" scenario in Umbrella Chronicles. Unlocked by completing chapter 5 of "Operation: Javier" on Normal mode.
- Western - Extra costume. Unlocked by attaining an S rank in all "Game of Oblivion" chapters on Normal mode.
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Chris is a playable character in Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. He is one of the available characters in the "Mansion Incident" and "Umbrella's End" scenarios. His handgun is the "Samurai Edge 2" for both scenarios. His melee attack involves Chris first jamming a knife into the zombie's face to push it off him, then performing a back turning kick to knock it away.
Resident Evil 5
Chris is initially the only playable character in Resident Evil 5's maingame unless the player is joining another player's game who is playing as Chris (in which they will be forced to play Sheva). Chris' knife skin is a large machete. Chris differs from Sheva in that he aims his firearms right handed, most of his melee attacks deal more damage, and he will have access to the Minigun bonus weapon.
Chris has two unlockable costumes. His Safari outfit is unlocked by completing the maingame and purchasing it for free. In this costume Chris wears sunglasses which protect him from flash grenades (this advantage applies to minigame modes as well). His S.T.A.R.S. outfit is unlocked by locating 25 BSAA Emblems and can then be purchased for free.
He is also playable, along with Jill, in the Lost in Nightmares scenario. Chris' knife attack is slower than Jill's, by comparison; however, his melee attacks deal more damage than Jill's.
|Arm (Front)||Hook||300 HP|
|Arm (Back)||Kick||300 HP|
|Leg (Front)||Uppercut/Rising Upper (With Barry or Rebecca)||400 HP/1200 HP|
|Leg (Back)||Neckbreaker/Hammer Elbow (With Barry or Rebecca)||
Instant Kill, No Plaga
(on the second move, parasites may appear)
|Grounded||Stomp||600 HP (Head Critical)|
|Combo Finisher (front)||Haymaker||3000 HP|
|Combo Finisher (back)||Backhand||
|Grapple Breaker||Top-down punch||500 HP|
|Licker Knockdown Combo||Uppercut||600 HP|
|Licker Knockdown Combo||Stab||Instant Kill|
|Dazed Wesker||Straight, Hook, Uppercut||400 HP|
Left Hook, Right Hook, Body Blow, Heavy Blow, Finishing Combo
Chris is a playable character in "The Mercenaries". His BSAA outfit is available from start. Alternatively, his Safari and S.T.A.R.S. outfits are unlocked by getting an A rank on the Public Assembly and Experimental Facility stages respectively.
The Mercenaries Reunion
Chris is featured in this mode with two new costumes: "Warrior" and "Heavy Metal". The Warrior costume has sunglasses on. Chris is also the only character in "The Mercenaries Reunion" with two Special Melees.
|Warrior||P8 (25 loaded shots), Hydra (10 loaded shots), H&K PSG-1 (15 loaded shots), Handgun Ammo x30, Shotgun Shells x15|
|Heavy Metal||Gatling Gun, Stun Rod, Proximity Bombs, Hand Grenade x3, Bulletproof Vest, Melee Vest|
- Versus Mode
Chris in his BSAA outfit is available start. His Safari outfit can be purchased for 8,000 points and his S.T.A.R.S. outfit can be purchased for 13,000 points.
Resident Evil 6
Chris' segment in Resident Evil 6 story mode is more action-oriented than Leon's, as he must fight heavily armed groups of J'avo, along with multiples other C-Virus mutants ranging from spider-like creatures to giant B.O.W.s.
His primary weapons are a Nine-Oh-Nine, an Assault Rifle for Special Tactics, and a combat knife which he use as a melee weapon. Chris' hand-to-hand attacks are focused in punches, brute strength, assassination techniques and many others moves using elements of the environment in his favor. Most of his strikes can kill an enemy instantly. When Chris has his Combat Knife equipped, his dodge mechanics will be slightly different. Instead of diving to the side, Chris will now duck and step to the side. When dodging back, instead of jumping onto his back Chris will slash with his knife as he steps away. The forward dive remains the same. In addition, he has a unique quick shot with the knife that consists of two fast slashes powerful enough to stun stronger enemies such as the Bloodshot.
By pressing the attack button, Chris can perform a series of physical attacks. Also, much like the system used in Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, Chris is able to perform contextual attacks on enemies depending upon the situation. He shares many of his melee animations with his Resident Evil 5 version, with some slight modifications. He also possesses, like all characters in Resident Evil 6, specific reaction commands depending on which weapon is currently equipped.
- Hook Punch - Chris attacks the enemy with a single hook punch with his left hand. This can only be performed by pressing the attack button with a one-handed weapon or item equipped.
- Hook Punch to Hammer Fist - Chris performs his left punch and follows it up with a hammer punch attack, leaving the enemy vulnerable for a finishing attack.This can only be performed by pressing the attack button twice with a one-handed weapon or item equipped.
- Rifle Strike - Chris strikes upwards at an angle with the front of his rifle. This can only be performed by pressing the attack button with a rifle or machine gun equipped.
- Double Rifle Strike - After striking upwards with his rifle, Chris turns it and brings the butt of the weapon back down for a quick follow-up strike. This can only be performed by pressing the attack button twice with a rifle or machine gun equipped.
- Tackle - Chris sprints into an enemy and performs a shoulder tackle, hitting him in the torso and leaving the enemy vulnerable for a finishing attack. This move can only be performed by pressing the physical attack button during the sprint action.
- Straight - Chris performs a charged straight punch to the enemy's face, sending him flying. This is most commonly performed on a staggering enemy from any side. It is also used to save a partner while he is grabbed by an enemy.
- Backhand - Chris spins and readies both his arms, attacking the enemy with a heavy backhand. This is most commonly performed on heavily stunned, kneeling or blinded enemy.
- Throw - Chris grab the enemy with both of his hands, raising him above his head and throws him away. Chris can also kill the enemy instantly by throwing him off an edge. This is most commonly performed on a lightly stunned enemy from the front.
- Neckbreaker - Chris grabs the enemy's head from behind and twist his skull, breaking his neck and killing him instantly. This is most commonly performed on a heavily stunned enemy from behind.
- Throat Slit - Chris use his knife to cut the enemy's throat, killing him instantly. This is performed on a lightly stunned enemy from behind while equipped with the Combat Knife and replaces the Neckbreaker.
- Stomp - Performed when standing over an enemy that is on the ground, Chris stomps his foot on the enemy. When performed near the opponent's head, it is possible to crush it. Chris can only perform this while using his handgun.
- Impale - Chris stands above a downed enemy and plunges his knife into his body. This can only be performed while equipped with the Combat Knife and will replace the Stomp or Rifle Butt Strike.
- Rifle Butt Strike - Standing over a downed enemy, Chris slams the butt of his rifle down upon their body wherever he is standing. If near the head, it is possible to crush it. This can only be done on a downed enemy with a rifle/machine gun equipped and will replace Stomp or Impale.
- Wing Pluck - Standing by the legs of a downed flying enemy, Chris will steady himself as he grabs onto their wings and pulling until the lower half of the body is brutally ripped from the rest, killing the J'avo instantly. This can only be done on a downed winged J'avo when facing their feet (wings).
- Elbow (Grapple Breaker) - Chris will swing his elbow into the face of an enemy, pushing him away. This is done to an enemy that is grappling Chris from behind.
- Elbow Smash (Counter) - Chris counters an attack from a ranged enemy, dodging to the side of an attack and driving his elbow into their face. This is performed as a counter to a melee attack from a firearm.
- Shoulder Smash (Counter) - A second counterattack, Chris ducks under an incoming attack and quickly strikes out with a shoulder push, sending him flying. This is performed as a counter to an attack from a melee weapon (such as a machete or a J'avo's mutated arm) while a one-handed item/weapon is equipped..
- Rifle Smash (Counter) - Chris ducks under an incoming attack and promptly rises, using his equipped rifle/machine gun to smash across the enemy's face. This is performed as a counter to an attack from a melee weapon (such as a machete or a J'avo's mutated arm) will a rifle/machine gun is equipped and will replace the Tackle.
- Impale Reversal (Counter) - A third counterattack, Chris catches their attack arm, twists it around and forces the J'avo to impale themselves upon their own machete. This can only be done against a machete-wielding J'avo and only against their leaping downward slash attack.
- Arm Rip (Counter) - A counterattack for transformed J'avo, Chris grabs the enemy's mutated arm and break it over his leg first before twisting it to sever the large-claw like extension. With the claw still in hand, he steps to the rear of the enemy and smashes the claw down into their head. This is a counterattack that can only be performed on J'avo with a mutated arm and only when they perform their overhead swing.
- Knife Stab (Counter) - A second counterattack for transformed J'avo. Chris dodges the enemy's attack and finish him with a direct stab to the torso. This move can only be performed if Chris is equipped with his Combat Knife.
- Pull Down (Counter) - When a flying J'avo attempts to grab the player, this counter has Chris grabbing them first by the arms and pulling them down to the ground, leaving them vulnerable for a finishing attack. This is a counterattack that can only be performed on a flying J'avo and only when they attempt to grab you.
- Weapon Bash (Elbow) (Counter) - A counterattack, Chris evades an incoming attack and elbows the enemy in the back of the head before taking their weapon away and using it to cave in their head. This is performed as a counter-attack to a zombie attacking with a melee weapon such as an iron pipe or axe.
- Weapon Bash (Shove) (Counter) - A counterattack, Chris grabs the weapon arm of an attacking zombie and shoves them away as he takes the pipe from them, then uses it to cave in the enemy's head. This is performed as a counter-attack to a zombie attacking with a melee weapon such as an iron pipe or axe.
- Leg Pull (Environmental) - Chris grabs the leg of an enemy on a higher level and pulls it out from under him as he drags him off the ledge, usually resulting in the enemy's face being smashed into the ground or the edge of the platform as they are pulled off from the force. This can only be done an enemy standing near the edge of a platform at waist-height, and does not require them to be stunned in any way.
- Ground Smash (Environmental) - Standing above a platform, Chris leaps down onto an enemy, grabbing their head into his hand and driving it down into the ground. This can only be done on an enemy standing next to a higher platform that the player is standing on, and does not require them to be stunned in any way.
- Wall Smash (Environmental) - Chris will grab the stunned enemy by their head and promptly smash it into the nearby wall. This attack can only be performed when an enemy is stunned next to a wall and will usually replace any other contextual action.
- Shove (Environmental) - Quick and clean, Chris will shove a stunned enemy over a ledge or railing. This can only be performed near a railing or ledge and will usually replace any other contextual action.
- Shoulder Rush (Environmental) - Chris will charge his shoulder into the enemy, resulting in shoving them off of a ledge. This can only be done near a high ledge and will usually replace any other contextual action. A similar attack is also the attack used in the Tackle attack.
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Chris returns as a playable character in the DLC Story, Not A Hero.
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
- Blood Type: O
- Height: 6'1
- Weight: 216 lbs
- His determination in any situation, skills with a wide range of firearms, and ability to adapt makes him a well-rounded soldier.
|Costume||Damage taken||Heal amount||Unlock requirement|
|Chris Redfield||100%||300||Defaultly available|
|Chris (Pilot Suit)||90%||330||Earn 10 medals or|
get an SS rank on Mission Level 1-3
Chris has a standard movement speed. Chris is pretty solid with taking damage and recovering vitality. Chris' taunt is him beckoning and shouting "Show yourself!". Chris' knife attack is a horizontal swing.
His weapon set is:
- Handgun / M92F (20/20)
- Shotgun / M37 (7/7)
- Rifle / S75 (8/8)
Chris' weapon set does not include any herbs.
His melee moves are:
|Head stun||Straight||Chris punches straight and hits the enemy in front of him, sending them flying. This can also be seen when getting time bonuses.|
|Arm stun, approach from front||Hook||Chris gives them a mean right-hook.|
|Arm stun, approach from the back||Kick||Chris kicks them so hard that they are sent forward a couple feet.|
|Leg stun, approach from front||Uppercut||Chris preforms an uppercut that sends the enemy flying back.|
|Leg stun, approach from the back||Neckbreaker||Chris reaches around the targets head and twists it, resulting in an instant kill.|
|Combo end, strong enemy stunned, approach from the front||Haymaker||Chris does a straight but walks forward a bit before. This results in an instant-kill for most weaker enemies and will take a HUGE chunk of health out of a powerful one.|
|Combo, end, strong enemy stunned, approach from the back||Backhand||Chris walks forwards a bit and slams the back of his left hand on the enemy.This results in an instant-kill for most weaker enemies and will take a HUGE chunk of health out of a powerful one.|
|Downed enemy||Stomp||Chris lifts his foot and stomps really hard on chest or head (depending on the enemy position).|
|Assist co-op partner||Help||Chris performs a punch a top-to-down punch.|
Make note that most of his melee moves can hit multiple people, as they possess high range and usually throw enemies away with strong force.
Resident Evil: Revelations
During the Campaign, Chris is the player character for the first half of Episode 2, the first half of Episode 6, and the middle part of Episode 8. He will also be Jill's AI partner for the second half of Episode 9 and onward. His melee attack is an uppercut. His knife attack is the regular swing motion.
Chris is also playable in Raid Mode. Chris only has two costumes in the original 3DS but has three in the ports.
Handgun Reload Speed 200%
|Machine Gun Mastery|
Machine G. Reload Speed 200%
|Costume||Knife||Mission to unlock|
|Costume 1 - Snowy Mountain||Survival Knife||"Chapter 1"|
|Costume 2 - Diver||Diver Knife||"Level 30"|
|Costume||Unlock requirement||Abilities||Knife||Melee||Grenade range||Dodge range||Damage taken||Handgun||Shotgun||Rifle||Machine gun||Magnum|
|Type||Damage||Attack / speed||Damage||Max charge time||Firespeed||Reload speed||Firespeed||Reload speed||Firespeed||Reload speed||Firespeed||Reload speed||Firespeed||Reload speed|
|Defaultly available||Shotgun Mastery 3|
Shotgun Reload Speed +80%
Shotgun Firing Rate +25%
|Rifle Mastery 1|
Rifle Reload Speed +30%
Rifle Firing Rate +10%
|Survival Knife (165 damage)||Swing||-6%||-10%||-10%||+25%||+80%||+10%||+30%|
|"Reach player level 30"||Shotgun Mastery 2|
Shotgun Reload Speed +50%
Shotgun Firing Rate +18%
|Rifle Mastery 3|
Rifle Reload Speed +80%
Rifle Firing Rate +25%
|Diver Knife (165 damage)||-10%||
|"Inflict 100,000 points of damage to an enemy in one hit"||Shotgun Mastery 2|
Shotgun Reload Speed +50%
Shotgun Firing Rate +18%
|Rifle Mastery 2|
Rifle Reload Speed +50%
Rifle Firing Rate +18%
Invincible for 3 seconds after using a herb
|Survival Knife (165 damage)||-10%||Swing||-10%||+6%||+18%||+50%||+18%||+50%|
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Chris appears in Resident Evil Revelations 2's raid mode. He uses his Resident Evil 6 appearance for this mode. His starting active skill is the ability to turn into a walking hunk of metal for a short period of time making him immune to all forms of damage at the cost of 75% speed. This essentially makes Chris more of a Tank character that can take heavy abuse. At level 8 he gains the ability to use a rocket launcher and inflict massive damage to enemies. However, it can only be used a limited number of times and the skill point cost to upgrade this skill is quite expensive.