There is a checkpoint upon entering the area. Hannigan will make contact with Leon and Helena, advising them to stay indoors. There is a barrel next to the bar in the first room. The door leading to the back can be opened with the Solo Action button. Another door joining the two yards can be opened using the Solo Action button. A zombie laying on the ground in the adjoining yard will activate after both players have entered the yard. There is a barrel in this yard. The door leading to the next building can be opened using the Solo Action button.
There is a living room[Note 2] with three dead bodies. The TV in the room will loop a news report regarding a Navy submarine. The door to the hallway can be opened using the Solo Action button. The windows in the hallway can be broken. The zombies outside will ignore the player but can still be killed. The backdoor[Note 3] can be examined using the Solo Action button. The door is locked. The Backdoor Key is found in the living room, in possession of the dead woman on the sofa.[Note 4] A scene will trigger where a dead body falls across the woman's lap. This is a red herring, as the zombie in the rocking chair is the one who comes to life. When the player approaches the backdoor, the zombie lying next to the door will slump over. The zombie will then lunge at the player. The backdoor can be unlocked using the Solo Action button.
There is a dead U.S. Special Forces squad member[Note 5] right outside of the door. The Shotgun can be obtained from him. Down the alley, there are two barrels. There is a checkpoint. A survivor will run toward the fence[Note 6] and be killed by three zombies. The zombies will ignore the player unless they are attacked. The zombies are able to climb the fence. There is a Partner Action door.
There is a cutscene in the next area introducing the Shrieker. Its screams will lure zombies toward the player and cause a slight amount of damage if the player is in range. Several zombies will climb the fence and flood the building.[Note 7] More zombies will enter the passage[Note 8] through the metal doors. One zombie hanging from a vent in the ceiling will attack the player and cause them to flinch, interrupting their actions. At the end of the passage is a door that can be opened using the Solo Action button. This leads out to another yard. A doorway across the yard can be examined using the Solo Action button. The door is locked. Hannigan will make contact. At the top of the scaffold,[Note 9] there is a Partner Action jump.
When Helena reaches the other side, a horde of zombies will invade the yard. As Leon, the player will have to fend off the zombies and wait for Helena. As Helena, the player will need to push a construction dumpster[Note 10] blocking the path using the Solo Action button. The player can then drop down to the lower level using the Solo Action button. The security bar on the door can be removed and the door can be opened using the Solo Action button. The door to the next building can be opened using the Solo Action button.
Inside of the next building, there is a barrel behind the bar. On the northern side of the room, resting on top of a wall-mounted counter is a Serpent Emblem. Breaking it unlocks the "Zombies" file. There is a Partner Action door leading outside.
This door leads to the gas station.
- This is the first location in the game to feature the Shrieker.
- In the yard area, emergency response sirens can be heard in the distance.
- The main street, Tall Oaks Street, seems to change into Sizemore Street near the pharmacy.
- ↑ The Japanese name for this room translates to "indoors".
- ↑ The Official Complete Guide calls this room the "living room" (リビング ribingu ).
- ↑ The Official Complete Guide calls this the "backdoor" (裏口 uraguchi ).
- ↑ The Official Complete Guide refers to this as the "sofa" (ソファ sofa ).
- ↑ In the Official Complete Guide, they are identified as being part of a "BSAA squad" (BSAA隊 BSAA-tai ), which is incorrect. They are meant to be U.S. Special Forces.
- ↑ The Official Complete Guide calls this the "fence" (フェンス fensu ).
- ↑ The Official Complete Guide calls this the "building" (建物 tatemono ).
- ↑ The Official Complete Guide calls this the "passage" (通路 tsūro ).
- ↑ The Official Complete Guide calls this the "scaffold" (足場 ashiba ).
- ↑ The Official Complete Guide calls this the "dust box" (ダストボックス dasuto bokkusu ).
- ↑ Osada (ed.), Official Complete Guide, p.084.
- ↑ Osada (ed.), Official Complete Guide, p.092.
- ↑ Osada (ed.), Official Complete Guide, pp.092, 388.