Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A cliché or cliche (pronounced UK: /ˈkliːʃeɪ/, US: /klɪˈʃeɪ/) is an expression, idea, or element of an artistic work which has been overused to the point of losing its original meaning or effect, "played out," rendering it a stereotype, especially when at some earlier time it was considered meaningful or novel. The term is frequently used in modern culture for an action or idea which is expected or predictable, based on a prior event. It is likely to be used pejoratively. But "clichés" are not always false or inaccurate; a cliché may or may not be true. Some are stereotypes, but some are simply truisms and facts. Clichés may sometimes be used in a work of fiction for comedic effect.
Most phrases now considered clichéd were originally regarded as being striking, but they lost their force through overuse In this connection, David Mason and John Frederick Nims cite a particularly harsh judgement by Salvador Dalí: "The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot."
A spoken or written cliché is often a vivid depiction of an abstract matter that works by means of analogy or exaggeration. The picture used is usually drawn from everyday experience so that the recipient most probably can relate to the depiction by tentatively querying their reaction to what is conveyed in the picture. When used sparingly and deliberately, a cliché can be used to great poetic effect. However, cliché in writing is generally considered a mark of inexperience or unoriginality.
Examples of clichés in Resident EvilEdit
Explosive ending clichéEdit
In many of the game titles, the ending cutscene involves the destruction of at least one of the game's settings.
- In Resident Evil Zero, this was the Umbrella Executive Training Center.
- In Resident Evil, this was the Arklay Laboratory.
- In Resident Evil 2, this was the Raccoon City Underground Laboratory and a transport train.
- In Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, this was Raccoon City, itself. This was again the ending for Resident Evil Outbreak and Resident Evil Outbreak - File #2.
- In Resident Evil - CODE: Veronica, this was the Rockford Island and the Antarctic Base.
- In Resident Evil 4, this was the island.
- In Resident Evil: Survivor, this was Sheena Island.
- In Resident Evil: Dead Aim, this was the Umbrella Waste Disposal Facility.
- In Resident Evil: Revelations, this was Terragrigia city.
- In Resident Evil 6, this was Tall Oak city.
- In Resident Evil: Revelations 2, this was Alex Wesker complex.