(Capcom's primary storyline)
David Ford was a police officer in the Raccoon City Police Department. He was caught up in the 1998 Raccoon City Destruction Incident and was killed.
When the t-Virus infested Raccoon City's drinking water, the city was sacked by thousands of Zombies within hours. By September 26 the Raccoon City Police Station became a refugee centre where civilians were under the protection of the police, the bulk of whom heading out that day and confronting the Zombie head-on, only to be wiped-out. David was left behind in the police station and witnessed the initial Zombie attack on the station, which took heavy casualties; he was saved by Officer Meyer, who's marksmanship proved a great asset to the team.
On 27 September, David took part in a battle on the west wing as Zombies broke through the windows; at least 12 people were killed by Zombies in the attack, with three more killed by a Licker. David became seriously disturbed at the constant losses, and felt ashamed by his choice to abandon Meyer to the Zombies during that attack. He began drinking, an wrote in his diary of his intention to kill himself.
At 02:30 on 28 September, another group of Zombies broke into the west wing and overran the operations conference room during a meeting. David was one of four officers killed during the surprise attack, as recorded by Elliot Edward.
- The first operation report was left in the operation room, while the second report and David's memo were left in the dark room. The dark room may have been a refuge for the surviving officers as it is within close proximity of the evidence room where survivors were sheltered and the operation room where meetings took place.
- In the Nintendo 64 release of Resident Evil 2, David's letter (a revised version of David's Memo) was placed in the east office. While the officers were mostly confined to the west wing of the precinct, they had plans to explore the east wing and eventually managed to, as recorded by Elliot in the second operation report.
- ↑ Resident Evil 2, Operation report 1 (file)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, David's Memo (file)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Resident Evil 2, Operation report 2 (file)