The Epilgue Files are unlocked after completing Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, The player would have to beat the game (replay the game) 8 times to unlock them all. They show what happened to the Main Characters of the previous games after the events of the Raccoon City Destruction Incident.
Overall, there are eight epilogue files.
- Jill's Epilogue
- Chris's Epilogue
- Barry's Epilogue
- Leon's Epilogue
- Claire's Epilogue
- Sherry's Epilogue
- Ada's Epilogue
- Hunk's Epilogue
- It should be noted that, not all main protagonist poses an Epilogue, for instance, Rebecca Chambers, Carlos Oliveira and Billy Coen (though he was designed later) do not have one, but non-playable characters do, like Barry. Also many of these characters stories and whereabouts are yet to be revealed.
- Barry reappeared, this time as a playable protagonist in Revelations and a BSAA Advisor, along with his daughter Moira who is also a main protagonist, the game included special cameos/flashbacks showing Polly as well right after the release of the remaster of the 2002 Resident Evil (remake).
- Although unrelated as Rebecca did not appear in the Epilogue (but she did appear in the cut out intro/prologue of the game) Rebecca was also brought back into scene right before the release of the 2016 remaster of Resident Evil Zero, in which she appeared in BIOHAZARD THE STAGE and will appear in the upcoming BIOHAZARD CGI Film, after 15 years.
- Leon's Epilogue served a direct connection to the initial scrapped version of Resident Evil 4 and later the final game. This epilogue was later remade as a scene of The Darkside Chronicles.
- Claire's Epilogue; was specifically based on the ending of Resident Evil 2; which Claire says that shes going to search for her brother and Leon mentions taking down Umbrella, which Hideki Kamiya (Director of 2) comments that he added this line by himself and that it forced Noboru Sugimura (2, Veronica, Survivor, and Dead Aim writer) to replace the role of Jill and have Claire as the main lead in CODE:Veronica, which happened initially before Jill became main lead in Resident Evil 3 (Biohazard 3).
- Sherry's Epilogue was a direct link to her status prior to and during the events of Resident Evil 6 which was also heavily explained.
- Hunk hasn't been heard of ever since the Epilogue.