(Capcom's primary storyline)
The Federal Bioterrorism Commission was a government commission set up for handling bioterrorist operations. It was led by Morgan Lansdale. The FBC were involved in the 2004 bio-terror attack on the floating city; Terragrigia. Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat, both BSAA agents, are seen as members of the FBC in 2004.
While there were no publicised reports of biological outbreaks since the 1998 Raccoon City Destruction Incident- along with easily silenced incidents on Sheena Island; Rockfort Island and the Ross Sea Ice Shelf - there were no reports on bioterrorist activities for several years. However, the financial blockade on Umbrella U.S.A. led to rogue Umbrella researchers selling bio weapons to the black market.[notes 1] The threat of a potential outbreak became significant enough in 2001 that the commission came into being. This would be a smart decision, as the events of the following year proved to the US government that bioterrorism was a real threat, with black-market trade in South America and a bioterrorist missile threat being made on the US after an outbreak on the Spencer Rain cruiseliner.
While USSOCOM and USSTRATCOM took part in those particular engagements, the FBC's earliest known engagement was with the bioterrorist attack on the Mediterranean city of Terragrigia in 2004. where the idealogical-turned-extremist movement, Il Veltro, was involved. The FBC was under heavy criticism during its role in the Terragrigia Panic - it refused to allow European Union members to assist in operations, and only agreed for the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance to take part as an independent observer. The FBC then made the even more controversial decision to pull-out of the city and use the city's own power source - the orbiting Regia Solis satellite - to destroy the city with overwhelming levels of solar rays.
- Barioni, Dario (Deceased)
- Fisher, Neil (Formerly; Deceased)
- Foley, Rachel (Deceased)
- Lansdale, Morgan (Former Commissioner)
- Luciani, Parker (Up until the "Terragrigia Panic")
- Richard (Non-canon member)
- Sherawat, Jessica (Up until the "Terragrigia Panic")
- Vester, Raymond (Formerly)
The Federal Bioterrorism Commission operators wore simple uniforms consisting of a white shirt, navy pants and a blue kevlar vest. In operations where force was necessary, they also used tactical helmets.
The FBC possessed few weapons models, which were seen in the Terragrigia Panic and the assault on the BSAA Headquarters.
- FN P90: Was used by FBC agents Parker and Jessica during the Terragigia Panic and by FBC special forces during the raid on the BSAA headquarters.
- Goverment: Was used by Fbc agents Parker and Raymond during the Terragrigia Panic and by FBC special forces.
- PC356: Was used by Jessica during the Terragrigia Panic and Raymond while on the Queen Zenobia.
- M3: A shotgun found by Parker while trying to escape FBC HQ in a blocked off passageway.
- ↑ Excerpt from official website: