In the Remake, it is simply called Grenade Launcher, and there is a useful glitch that involves the weapon, that you can get more than 250 Rounds with any set of Grenade Rounds, using the Item Box. This is best used on Incendiary Rounds, because using them on a zombie would burn it, preventing it from turning into a Crimson Head. This is confirmed to only work on the NTSC version, as it appears that the PAL version fixed this glitch, and it is also fixed on the Wii port and the HD Remaster.
In the Remake, the ARWEN has been modified with an AR-style lower receiver assembly, selector, and a four-position collapsible stock. It includes an assault rifle stock and grip rather than his real life counterpart.
- Examine with no ammo loaded
"A gun that fires grenade rounds, acid rounds, or incendiary rounds."
- Examine with EXPLOSIVE R. loaded (Original)
"EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS loaded."
- Examine with Grenade Shells loaded (Remake)
"Grenades are already loaded."
- Examine with FLAME ROUNDS loaded (Original)
"FLAME ROUNDS loaded."
- Examine with Incendiary Shells loaded (Remake)
"It's loaded with Incendiary rounds."
- Examine with ACID ROUNDS loaded (Original)
"ACID ROUNDS loaded."
- Examine with Acid Shells loaded (Remake)
"It's loaded with Acid rounds"