Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The gun is described as a Beretta M92FS in-game, but it also has another name: Samurai Edge.
- Resident Evil 3 is actually the first game, where the name of that custom Beretta M92F "Samurai Edge" is mentioned.
The weapon has a magazine capacity of 15 normal Handgun rounds. It is a preferred choice when fighting lesser enemies such as zombies and Zombie Dogs. However, due to the limited power of it's bullets, it tends to be rather useless against stronger enemies such as the Hunters.
The gun is also able to chamber enhanced ammunition, which increases it's firepower.
The M92F Enhanced is created by loading Enhanced Handgun Bullets into the Handgun.
While the enhanced ammunition does not change the Handgun's appearance or it's magazine capacity, the weapon has a noticeably different "boom" when firing.
In performance, the M92F gains stronger firepower. The gun also gains stronger recoil, but unlike the M3S Enhanced, it doesn't cause Jill to move back significantly.
- The bullet counter of this weapon in the inventory screen changes to red to denote that it is loaded with Enhanced Handgun Bullets. The ejected shells have a darker colour as well.
- When the Handgun is loaded with normal bullets, enhanced ammo cannot be uploaded until the weapon is empty. Combining the enhanced ammo with the weapon must be made in the status screen.
- When the player wants to change the type of ammunition from enhanced to normal, he/she must follow the same rules.
Standard and enhanced ammo has the same characteristics, exception is the damage, dealing to monsters. Here's the table for comparing how much bullets the enemy can take, before dying.
"M92F Custom. A custom handgun made for S.T.A.R.S. It uses 9mm parabellum rounds."
"Enhanced M92F Custom. It is loaded with enhanced 9mm parabellum rounds."
The following guns have the name "Beretta 92F" or share a similar physical appearance:
- Resident Evil: Beretta
- Resident Evil 2: Handgun (RE2 Chris)
- Resident Evil Outbreak series: HANDGUN (Outbreak)
- Resident Evil 5: M92F (HG)
- Resident Evil 5: Samurai Edge (RE5)
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City: Samurai Edge (ORC)
- Resident Evil: Revelations: Samurai Edge (Revelations)