The Handgun is a weapon that appears in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. It is wielded by every playable characters in the game. They vary in appearance depending on the character used but performs the same.
By default, the Handgun has a low firepower and a weak stopping power. However it makes it up with a comfortable amount of capacity, a rather fast rate of fire and a short reload speed. Unlike other weapons that has reserve ammo, the Handgun has unlimited ammunition. All of these stats can be upgraded to improve its performance.
The gun appears as the following for these characters:
- Leon S. Kennedy: His handgun from Resident Evil 2, the Heckler & Koch VP70.
- Claire Redfield: Her handgun from Resident Evil 2, the Browning Hi-Power.
- Steve Burnside: Luger Pistol, based on his use of the Gold Lugers from CODE: Veronica.
- Chris Redfield: In the Wii version he uses a Samurai Edge during gameplay. Eventhough in the cutsenes, his handgun is a Glock 17 the same as Code Veronica. In the PS3 version this was changed to a Glock 17 for consistency.
- Jack Krauser: His own previously unseen gun in the series. Appears to be a Heckler & Koch MK.23 but is otherwise unidentified in-game.
In-game on the upgrade menu, the game's description reads:
"It's small, but has unlimited ammo. It's also good for headshots."
It takes 115,000 Gold to fully upgrade the Handgun.
|Grade||Power||Rate of Fire||Reload Speed||Capacity||Stopping Power|
|D+||2,500 Gold||2,500 Gold|
|C||8,000 Gold||8,000 Gold|
|B+||6,000 Gold||5,000 Gold||5,000 Gold|
|A||12,000 Gold||9,000 Gold||9,000 Gold|