Heike Makatsch (born 13 August 1971) is a German actress, best known for her television appearances.
Makatsch was born in Düsseldorf, Germany, the daughter of former German national ice hockey team goaltender Rainer Makatsch. She spent several months in New Mexico in 1988 in an effort to improve her English, and later studied politics and sociology at the University of Düsseldorf for four semesters, which was followed by an apprenticeship as a dressmaker until 1994.
Her television career started in 1993, when she was hired by music channel VIVA, hosting shows such as Interaktiv and Heikes Hausbesuche; two years later, on August 13, 1995, she became the host of the German chart show BRAVO TV, aired by RTL II, a position she kept until summer 1996. In 1997 she started hosting her own weekly, late night show titled Heike Makatsch Show. However, due to bad ratings, it was cancelled after only eight episodes.
Makatsch first appeared in a movie in 1996, when she starred in Detlev Buck's Männerpension (English: "Jailbirds"); she received the Bavarian Film Award as most talented young actor for her performance. Since then, she has appeared in several German and English language productions.
- Bin ich schön? (English: "Am I beautiful?", directed by Doris Dörrie, 1998)
- Liebe deine Nächste (English: "Love your neighbour", directed by Detlev Buck, 1998)
- Aimée & Jaguar (English: "Aimee & Jaguar", directed by Max Färberböck, 1999)
- Gripsholm (directed by Xavier Koller, 2000)
- Late Night Shopping (directed by Saul Metzstein, 2001)
- Nackt (English: "Naked", directed by Doris Dörrie, 2002)
- Resident Evil (directed by Paul W. S. Anderson, 2002)
- Love Actually (directed by Richard Curtis, 2003)
- Anatomie 2 (English: "Anatomy 2" directed by Stefan Ruzowitzky, 2003)
- Margarete Steiff (TV-film) (directed by Xaver Schwarzenberger, 2005)
- A Sound of Thunder (directed by Peter Hyams, 2005)
- Keine Lieder über Liebe (film), 2005
- Hilde (dir. Kai Wessel), March 2009
- Bavarian Film Award for Best New Actress
- Telestar Förderpreis für "Interaktiv" (VIVA)
- 1996 - Bambi
- 2002 - Goldene Kamera
- 2003 - Bambi
- 2006 - Bambi
In 2006 Makatsch was nominated for an Emmy for her interpretation of Margarete Steiff in the TV movie of the same name.
Makatsch was involved in a seven-year relationship with British actor Daniel Craig.
She has two daughters, Mieke Ellen (born January 23, 2007)and another girl (born October 16, 2009), with Max Martin Schröder from the band Tomte.
- ↑ http://www.bayern.de/Anlage19170/PreistraegerdesBayerischenFilmpreises-Pierrot.pdf
- ↑ "The irresistible rise of Heike Makatsch", The Daily Telegraph.