"We are Veltro, vengeful messengers from the depths of the Inferno. Abandon hope all ye who enter here.
Il Veltro (Italian for "The Greyhound") was an international terrorist organization. Its members all wore gas masks, concealing their true identities.
"The world is in our hands now! We are Veltro! Vengeful messengers from the depths of the inferno!
Il Veltro was formed under the charisma of Dr. Jack Norman, and has been described as an "armed cult".[excerpt 1][excerpt 2] An Italian nationalist group, Veltro was opposed to the European Union's construction of Terragrigia, a self-sustaining city on the Mediterranean coastline. The core element of their belief was the moral corruption of modern society, that Veltro was predestined to fight this evil, and that those not sharing Veltro's views were predestined to suffer.
Some time before Summer 2004, Veltro was approached by the Federal Bioterrorism Commission's Director General, Morgan Lansdale, who had himself concocted a plot to expand the FBC's powers to deal with terrorism by inciting a disaster in which to fight. Norman accepted the offer, and was provided with equipment to ensure the city's destruction, sending over three luxury passenger ships as transport; Hunter B.O.W.s to attack civilians on the ground, and UAVs to disperse the t-Abyss Virus above. The attack was a success, but after five days Lansdale saw no further use for Veltro and remotely released the virus on-board the three ships to eliminate the terror group. Norman himself, who survived the spread on Queen Dido, protested his betrayal in a phone call to Lansdale; a bomb was set off on-board to sink the ship to silence him, while Queen Zenobia and Queen Semiramis were captured and taken out to sea as the city was destroyed by Regia Solis. Norman and a dosen militants survived for a year in a sealed compartment of the ship, dying one-by-one until only Norman was left alive. After the FBC attempted to board the ship and seize a PDA implicating Lansdale, Norman infected himself with t-Abyss. He was finally killed in combat with BSAA members Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine, who had also been sent to retrieve the information.
- Jack Norman - leader
- Bernard Corti - tasked with boarding Queen Zenobia
- Earl Brinvico - member of copycat terrorist inspired by original Veltro
- Cafer Tokush - "A martyr who died for the Veltro cause."
- Ekrem Ataiza - "This one was of a strong will. He almost fought off his mutation."
- Ugolino Baronio - "Not only loyal to Veltro, but also a loyal friend. R.I.P."
- Gilberto Leone - "His love for his wife was matched only by his love for Veltro. R.I.P."
- Lidiya Leone - "May your children grow up in a world not corrupted by lies and deceit."
- Hashim Kadar - "I will always serve the cause, even if I am no longer myself."
Many members of Veltro that died on Queen Dido were infected and upon death, visible signs of transformation into either Ooze or Globster could be seen. Their mutation suggests that those two mutations are varying steps of mutations, similar to Crimson Head and Licker.
- Denick, Thom (2013). Resident Evil: Revelations Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames.
- BIOHAZARD REVELATIONS UNVEILED EDITION Official Guide. Famitsu. 2013. ISBN 978-4-04-728961-1.
- BIOHAZARD REVELATIONS UNVEILED EDITION OFFICIAL COMPLETE WORKS. Capcom. 2013.
- ↑ Excerpt from Navigation & Art, 014: "国際テロ指定組織「ヴェルトロ」 のリーダーであり、 ２００４年の 『テログリジア・パニック』 を引き起こした首謀者と言われる人物。 圧倒的なカリスマ性により、 武装カルト集団を束ねていたと言われているが、 その人となりは謎に包まれている。 『テログリジア・パニック』 の事態収拾後、 「FBC」 は引き続き 「ヴェルトロ」 の掃討にあたった。 数ヵ月後、 秘密裏の作戦行動により 「ヴェルトロ」 を壊滅させたと発表。 その際、 ノーマンの死亡を確認したと宣言している。"
- ↑ Excerpt from OFFICIAL COMPLETE WORKS, p.084: "国際テロ指定組織ヴェルトロのリーダーであり、 ２００４年に起きた「テログリジア・パニック」首謀者。圧倒的なカリスマ性により、武装カルト集団を束ねていたといわれるが、その素性は謎に包まれている。 「テログリジア・パニック」後、 FBCの極秘の作戦でヴェルトロは壊滅したと発表される。 その際、 FBCによりノーマンの死亡が確認されたと宣言されたいる。"
- ↑ Navigation & Art, 014.
- ↑ BIOHAZARD REVELATIONS UNVEILED EDITION OFFICIAL COMPLETE WORKS, p.084.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Resident Evil: Revelations (2012), file: "Veltro Agent's Journal 1".
- ↑ Resident Evil: Revelations (2012), file: "Veltro manifesto".
- ↑ Resident Evil: Revelations (2012), file: "Veltro Agent's Journal 2".
- ↑ Resident Evil: Revelations (2012), level: "Episode 11: Revelations".
- ↑ Resident Evil: Revelations (2012), level: "Episode 12: The Queen Is Dead".