(Capcom's primary storyline)
"Welcome to the family, son!"
The Baker family disappeared from community life sometime around 2014, with people believing the house to be abandoned. Over the next few years the occasional appearances of the residents led to the house's reputation as being haunted.
In June 2017, the rumored hauntings got the attention of TV producer Andre Stickland, who led his Sewer Gators paranormal investigation team into the house where they were killed by Jack and his wife, with Jack also attacking a fourth person who followed them in later, proceeding to either "welcome" the person to his family, taunt him for not having a family when he succumbed to an infection, or somehow managed to dispose of any evidence tying him and his family to the murders of Sewer Gators after the person escaped.
He appears to commonly discipline his son, Lucas. While his son was picking on Ethan Winters, and ultimately throwing his bowl at him, Jack slashed Lucas' arm. This triggers Lucas' exclamation "Not again!". Then his attention switches to Ethan, who won't eat with the Bakers. At some point, Jack proceeded to try and attack Ethan Winters at various points with a shovel and a barbed wire-laced club, also shrugging off any attacks. Later, he fights Ethan Winters in the basement.
Jack Baker, alongside the rest of his family, is shown to be skilled at stealth. This is especially evident in how he managed to ambush the fourth individual with absolutely no indication that Baker was even in close proximity when the fourth individual tried to leave via the back door, as well as his role in killing the Sewer Gators film crew. He was also shown to have nearly superhuman endurance and strength, as evidenced by his lifting Ethan by the neck in some encounters with one arm, as well as his shrugging off several otherwise fatal wounds such as being caught in the explosion of a car. Similar to his son Lucas, he also has some degree of regenerative abilities. Even when shot in the heart, it was only sufficient enough to stun him for a few seconds. It is heavily implied that these traits were the result of whatever drove the family insane and reclusive.
- "It's over, boy!"
- "Oh, no, no, no, no...! Now you gonna get it!"
- "This was supposed to be a very special feast."
- "Shut the hell up, Marguerite!"
- "You thought you could just slip out before dinner was done?"
- "I'm gon' squash you like a bug."
- "Goddammit! How'm I gon' replace this?"
- That gun is not gon' work the way you think it will."
- "Oh boy! Now you look what you done motherfucker!"
- "This is the end, you know?"
- "You ain't gettin' away!"
- "Boy you are nothin'! Just a man without a family."
- "You came to the wrong house boy!"
- "Welcome to the family, son!"