"KITCHEN" was a tech demo for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard which was featured at 2015. It was intended by its Producer, Masachika Kawata, as a means of demonstrating the viability of horror gaming in the Project Morpheus market and therefore also marketing Sony's new headset.[excerpt 1]
Chronologically, Kitchen is set before Resident Evil 7 Teaser Demo: Beginning Hour, with glimpses of it appearing before, during and after the teaser. Though parts of Kitchen are featured throughout Beginning Hour, these scenes are not interactive, aside from the VHS section with features two of the characters shown in Kitchen. It was made publicly available to people when purchasing PlayStation VR.
In the demo, the player character, Clancy Jarvis, is bound at the wrists in a kitchen. Before him, is Peter Walken, who is initially unconscious. When he comes to, he grabs a rusted machete and attempts to release Clancy. He is interrupted by a woman, who stabs him from behind. She then turns to Clancy, stabbing him in the leg. Peter then tackles her out of the room in a brief struggle, after several moments his decapitated head rolls in front of Clancy as her heavy breathing can be heard behind him. The woman then places her hands on Clancy's face and pulls them away before her face appears and she holds her knife at him. The story continues in the 2017 Banned Footage DLC Nightmare, Bedroom, 21 and in the "Happy Birthday" tape.
- ↑ Excerpt from BIOHAZARD 20th Anniversary, p.81: "２０１５年の「E3」に出展された 『バイオハザード』 シリーズで知られる川田将央がプロデューサーを務めるプレイステーションVR向けの技術デモ。 未体験のVRホラーとして話題を呼んだ。"
- ↑ Hands On With PlayStation VR’s "The Kitchen" (September 25, 2015). “Spoilers Ahead, You've Been Warned!”
- ↑ The Kitchen On Project Morpheus Will Devour Your Soul (22 JUNE 2015).
- ↑ http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/12/all-the-games-on-the-playstation-vr-demo-disc/
- ↑ https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/playstation-vr-demo-disc/cid=UP9000-CUSA04579_00-PSVRDEMODISC0001
- ↑ https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/12/the-playstation-vr-demo-disc-has-17-games-in-north-america/