Karl was an Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service mercenary who was killed during the Raccoon City Destruction Incident in the early hours of October 1. He is a caucasian male, clad in standard issue U.B.C.S. tactical combat apparel. He was a member of the task force assigned to assist in "Operation: Emperor's Mushroom", which resulted in his death as a result of Nikolai Zinoviev's betrayal and the enaction of "Mission Code XX".
Ordered to capture or destroy Thanatos to take its blood, the plan proved to be a feint, using Karl and the entire U.B.C.S. task force as bait for collecting the sample. This caused the Tyrant to rampage out of control, killing the entire team, save for Nikolai.
- A relatively high vitality of 3100-3500.
- An infection rate of 1.38% per minute.
- A movement speed of 1.00.
- A damage multiplier of x1.18.
Karl starts in FINE status with a First Aid Spray.
- In the scene Karl appears in, all U.B.C.S. members of "Operation: Emperor's Mushroom" have their sleeves rolled down, yet Karl's character model has his sleeves rolled up. This is likely to distinguish him from his colleague, Dustin, another member of Zinoviev's unit killed during the operation.