Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kazuhiro Aoyama is a Japanese games developer who worked for Capcom in the 1990s. He is known for directing Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.
Aoyama was part of the development team that developed the original Resident Evil. Following this he was moved to the Resident Evil 2 development team, and continued in it after the game was heavily altered. Aoyama is identified as the person who named the "Licker" enemy created in the new version, and is also credited with the creation of "The 4th Survivor".
In 1998 he was selected to work on Shinji Mikami's new project. Fearing Resident Evil 2 was a radical enough departure from the original title to potentially alienate fans, Mikami and the franchise supervisor of the time, Yoshiki Okamoto, worked to create a new game more true to the themes of the original. Aoyama was assigned as director of this game, which would later become Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.
- Saitō, Ayumi, ed (1998) (in Japanese). RESEARCH ON BIOHAZARD 2 final edition. Micro Design. ISBN 4-944000-77-4.
- ↑ Resident Evil (PS) credits
- ↑ Resident Evil 2 (PS) credits - MobyGames
- ↑ Saitō, Ayumi (ed.), RESEARCH, p.186.
- ↑ Yasuhisa Kawamura Interview (Project Umbrella). Project Umbrella. Retrieved on 2015-06-13.
- ↑ Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (GCN) credits - MobyGames