(Capcom's primary storyline)
In the events that transpired during S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team's investigation, he was forced to land in the middle of Raccoon Forest after the team's helicopter suffered from an engine failure. He stayed behind in the cabin to watch over the helicopter and its equipment while the members of Bravo Team investigated the area.
While waiting for Bravo Team to return, he was attacked by an unseen creature, believed to be a pack of Cerberuses.[excerpt 1] His mutilated corpse was discovered still in his seat by a S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team member; Joseph Frost the following night, shortly before he too was killed by the Cerberus pack.Kevin Dooley did not exist in the original versions of Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero. In Resident Evil, the severed hand discovered by Frost belonged to Edward Dewey. This was also used in the E3 2000 edition of Zero, where Rebecca Chambers encounters an injured Edward missing a hand. When the GameCube remake of Resident Evil was released in 2002, it replaced Edward's hand with Joseph finding Kevin's corpse; creating the character. This prompted the developers of Zero to make a slight change in the plot. In the remodeled version, Bravo team left Kevin in the helicopter to make repairs, and Edward's hand is intact.
- Hamamura, Koichi, ed (2003) (in Japanese). biohazard 0 KAITAISHINSHO. Famitsu. ISBN 4-7577-1298-7.
- Sumner, Christian; Shotten, Brian; Owen, Michael, eds (9 November 2005). Resident Evil Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered. Translated by Zpang America, Inc.. BradyGames. ISBN 0744006554.
- ↑ Excerpt from biohazard 0 KAITAISHINSHO, p.013:
"S.T.A.R.S.隊員以外で今回の任務におもむいた唯一の人物。R.P.D.専属のパイロット、 ブラヴォーチームヘリを操縦するために駆り出された。ヘリ不時着後す、 森のなかへ探索に出た隊員を見送り、 機内でひとり待機するが、 のちに怪物(おそらくケルベロス）の餌食となる。"
- ↑ Owen; Shotten; Sumner (eds.), Archives, p.141/
- ↑ Resident Evil Zero (2003), scene: "Opening"
- ↑ Hamamura (ed.), KAITAISHINSHO, p.013
- ↑ Resident Evil (2002), scene: "Opening"
- ↑ Resident Evil (1996) scene: "Opening"
- ↑ Resident Evil Zero (canceled), platform: Nintendo 64