(Covers information from Anderson's universe)
"Muthafucka please! Look, my Shit is custom!"
Lloyd Jefferson Wayne (also known as L.J.) was a former Wal-Mart employee and an unwitting survivor of the Raccoon City incident and global outbreak. L.J. became an anti-Umbrella renegade that worked alongside Carlos Olivera and Jill Valentine to bring down the Umbrella Corporation.
"GTA Motherfucker! Yeah, 10 Points!"
After having been arrested and taken to the Raccoon Police Station, L.J. was handcuffed to a bench with a prostitute. Though at first he assumed she was simply tired, he soon saw that she too had become an Undead. All that had saved him from being bitten and infected was the timely arrival of Jill Valentine to the precinct. She freed him and advised the whole station to leave the city.
L.J. intended to do just that; however, he never made it to Raven's Gate Bridge. While driving through the deserted city, he encountered many Undead. Distracted by two female Undead prostitutes, he crashed his car and was forced to flee on foot. After wandering for a time, he found himself holed up inside the Westwood Theatre, with the surviving members of S.T.A.R.S. - the Special Tactics And Rescue Squad. There, he witnessed the massacre of the S.T.A.R.S. members by the Nemesis. L.J on the ground. managed to survive at the last moment by dropping his Gold Plated Desert Eagles. This caused Nemesis to re-designate him from "Armed Civilian" to "Noncombatant", which was outside his attack parameters. The literal-minded Tyrant ignored the cowering man and resumed his search for more S.T.A.R.S. members.
Later in the night, L.J. once again encountered Jill Valentine, with Terri Morales. He agreed to help them search for Angela Ashford. The trio made their way to Raccoon City Junior School. While searching the school, L.J. met up with Carlos Olivera, a mercenary with the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service (U.B.C.S.) that Umbrella had left to die within the city.
Reuniting with Jill, and meeting Angela and Alice for the first time, L.J. accompanied them to Raccoon City Hall, along the way hearing the Alice's story. Upon arriving at City Hall, L.J. realized that the helicopter they were taking out of the soon-to-be-bombed city was the transport intended for the Nemesis. The group was taken captive by Major Timothy Cain, and Alice was forced to fight the Nemesis. The fight ended when Alice realized that Nemesis was a mutated version of her old friend Matt Addison and refused to fight him anymore.
Shortly afterwards, Nemesis turned on Umbrella, freeing Alice and giving her group a chance to fight back. As Alice, Nemesis, Carlos and Jill engaged in a firefight with the Umbrella troops, L.J. boarded the helicopter and subdued the pilot to prevent him from taking off without L.J. and his friends. Shortly afterwards, Cain boarded the helicopter in a panic to leave only to find L.J. in the pilot's seat. In response to Cain's demand to know why they haven't taken off, L.J. quipped "because I usually drive a Cadillac" and punched Cain out. After the rest of the survivors are on board L.J. urged the pilot to get them into the air before the nuclear missile could strike.
L.J. survived the bombing of Raccoon City, as well as the subsequent helicopter crash in the Arklay Mountains. Three weeks later, he joined Jill, Carlos and Angela as headed for the laboratory of Dr. Alexander Isaacs to rescue Alice.
As the T-virus spread and ravaged the planet, L.J. and Carlos joined a convoy led by Claire Redfield. As a member of the convoy, L.J.'s job appeared to be driving the tanker truck with Chase as the two are seen sharing the job when the convoy is moving. L.J. had a relationship with another convoy survivor, the nurse Betty and while scouting an abandoned motel, was bitten by a female Undead. Despite being bitten, L.J. hid his condition from everyone else as he gradually went into a decline from the T-virus infection. Despite his bite, L.J. participated in the fight against the zombie crows in which he lost Betty and the convoy was only saved by the timely appearance of Alice.
Keeping his condition a secret from the others, he held on to life until the convoy reached the ruins of Las Vegas, where he briefly participated in the battle against the Super Undead, killing at least two Super Undead. However, over the course of the battle, L.J.'s condition rapidly deteriorated, rendering him unable to help K-Mart against a Super Undead attacking the truck they were hiding in. Shortly after K-Mart killed the Super Undead with a shotgun, L.J. succumbed to his infection, quietly died and reanimated as an Undead that attacked K-Mart. Before the Undead L.J. could kill or bite K-Mart, he was yanked out of the truck by Carlos, biting Carlos in the arm and infecting him in the process. Saddened, Carlos ended the Undead L.J. with a shot to the head.
- In extended scenes from Resident Evil: Apocalypse, L.J. recognized Terri Morales and asked for her autograph, what it takes to be on TV, and it was hinted that he developed a crush on her.
- In a deleted scene from Resident Evil: Extinction, L.J. reveals to Betty that he used to be a woman's shoe department worker in Wal-Mart. He states that even the Undead taking over the world was better than working there.
- Rapper/actor Snoop "Doggie" Dogg was originally meant to play L.J., but dropped out and was replaced by Mike Epps.
- In Resident Evil Extinction's second draft script, LJ was originally meant to play a much bigger role. He was to be more similar to Carlos. He lives throughout the entire script and accompanies Alice into the underground Umbrella lab and even destroys Isaacs by activating the laser grid.
- Though victims of the T-virus become Undead in a matter of hours as a result of exposure, it took L.J. more than one day to have degraded into an Undead, which is the longest time of any victim shown throughout the film series. In the first movie, it is stated that the time of infection varies from person to person, possibly explaining this.
- ↑ Resident Evil: Extinction - Deleted Scenes
- ↑ Resident Evil: Afterlife
- ↑ Resident Evil: Extinction - Deleted Scenes
- ↑ Snoop Dogg for Resident Evil sequel
- ↑ Resident Evil: Extinction (draft script)