Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"A very huge handgun [sic] It uses .50 AE rounds."
This weapon is a powerful seven shot .50AE Magnum pistol, using different ammunition from the Magnum Revolver. It is capable of killing normal foes with one shot and taking bosses down with relative ease. It specifically inflicts 900HP damage to foes, which is slightly weaker than the Magnum Revolver's 1100HP.
Kevin Ryman and Alyssa Ashcroft can perform Potshots with this weapon, making the already powerful gun even more devastating. Also, Kevin is the only character that would not react much to the recoil, making him fire faster.
In Outbreak File #1, the Magnum is found exclusively in the "Below Freezing Point" scenario, and by Yoko only, where it is given to her by an unnamed Umbrella employee in the B5F Area B Passage. There is no extra ammunition for it in the whole scenario, and its capacity depends on the difficulty selected; fully loaded (7) on Easy, 5 on Normal, 3 on Hard, and a single round (1) on Very Hard.
In Outbreak File #2, the Magnum can be found in several locations in the Desperate Times scenario, where it is found, depending on the difficulty, as shown below;
EASY and NORMAL
- The Magnum can be found behind a painting in the Hallway by using the Unicorn Medal.
- If the player is in control of Kevin Ryman, an unloaded Magnum can be found inside his desk.
- Once all plates have been inserted in the statue of the Main Hall, head towards the rooftop. Beside the dead police officer is a film can. Bring that film to Ben inside the Holding Cell. He will give you a Magnum in exchange.
Note: For every difficulty lower than VERY HARD, another Magnum can be found inside the safe in the east side of the waiting room, which requires the Ace Key to unlock. On VERY HARD, the item inside is the Ruby Plate instead.
- Insert all plates in the statue of the Main Hall, then head towards the rooftop. Beside the dead officer is a film can. Bring that film to Ben. He will give you a Magnum with three bullets in exchange.
Outbreak File 2 Mini-Game series
- The Magnum Handgun appears in the Elimination series, where it is best utilized against tough enemies.
- The Magnum is also featured in the Showdown series. The gun's strong firepower proves useful against the bosses that show up in each stage.
- This weapon will only cause half of its firepower to the G boss, as it does with every weapon.
- The MAGNUM HANDGUN resembles the real life Desert Eagle .50AE Magnum.
The following are also Desert Eagle or weapons with similar design according to each game they appear in:
- Resident Evil 2: Magnum (RE2)
- Resident Evil Dead Aim: Magnum
- Resident Evil 5: L. HAWK (MAG)
- Resident Evil Revelations: Magnum L. Hawk
- Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City: Lightning Hawk
- Resident Evil 6: Lightning Hawk