|This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the wiki. (July 2018)|
- There are to be six playable characters in the game. Who's your favourite and why?
- My favourite would have to be Vector. I love his design, which epitomizes the U.S.S. look, and his stealth camouflage ability is a great way for inexperienced players to get into the game.
- We've heard that there will be additional enemy types in Raccoon City. Can you tell us anything about them?
- I can't go into specifics, but you may see some creatures with a connection to Resident Evil 4…
- How did you "take a stab" at the timeline in Resident Evil Universe, when deciding when to fit RC?
- Our starting point for the game's setting was Raccoon City, a well-known place from the series. As a result, the game's place in the timeline naturally fell between Resident Evil 2 and 3.
- Could you tell us what has inspired you when making the game? How did previous titles influence the writing process?
RE:ORC is focused on third-person shooting, much more so than any previous Resident Evil title. We therefore couldn't design it in a way that would satisfy all of the expectations of a Resident Evil title. This led us to making it a parallel story.
- You have announced Resident Evil 6 some weeks ago and made a lot of fans happy. What would you say to gamers, that now might want to wait for RE6 only, in order to get their interest for Resident Evil
- Operation Raccoon City as well? Why is it worth to buy and play this now as well and not to wait for the RE6-release?
- Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City offers a unique spin on the Resident Evil world. It's not just an ordinary third person shooter as the setting of the Resident Evil universe allows us to throw a third force onto the playing field in the form of zombies and B.O.W's. The player is constantly having to look out for what's around the corner, whether it's a human enemy or an infected creature. The title also offers a compelling multiplayer experience. Campaign Mode will allow four player co-op and Versus Mode will offer a team battle for up to eight players. There's a lot of content there to keep fans happy ahead of the launch of the upcoming RE6 title and it also takes a completely new direction for fans. The controls and playing style that the game uses is also one that Xbox 360 users will be familiar with.
- With "Resident Evil
- Operation Raccoon City" being a new side-line game set around the same timeline of events as "Resident Evil 2" and "Resident Evil 3: Nemesis" - will the popularity of this game be used to determine if other side-line spin-off games should be developed in the near future, or even a Raccoon City 2?
- If RE:ORC is received well, then we will of course consider a sequel or other spin-offs.
- Lone Wolf makes his first appearance in "Resident Evil
- Operation Raccoon City" as a new playable character for the first time alongside the other characters from "Resident Evil 2" and "Resident Evil 3: Nemesis", but what is his back-story and how did he come to be part of Raccoon City?
- Lone Wolf is a U.S.S. helicopter pilot. He only appears in the competitive online multiplayer Heroes Mode. The Resident Evil series has had grisly fates in store for helicopter pilots in the past… As for Lone Wolf, who knows?
- Any interesting anecdotes from the development of the game?
- This was my first time working with a Western developer, and it taught me a lot about the good and bad sides of how we develop games in Japan. I hope to bring that experience with me and use it to create better games in future.