It is first found in Episode 8-3, in which it can be found on a desk in the fight with the first Scarmiglione.
In Raid mode, the L. Hawk is generally the weakest Magnum, though it may also have higher ammo capacities and rates of fire. It may also usually have a moderate-to-low number of upgrade slots. The Rare version of the weapon is called "Thunder Raptor" and its maximum slot capacity is 4.
The following are weapons with similar design as the L. Hawk or are Desert Eagles according to each game they appear in:
- Resident Evil Revelations: Magnum L. Hawk
- Resident Evil Outbreak: MAGNUM HANDGUN
- Resident Evil 6: Lightning Hawk
- Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City: Lightning Hawk
- Resident Evil 2: Magnum
- Resident Evil Dead Aim: Magnum
- Resident Evil 5: L. Hawk (MAG)