Masachika Kawata (川田将央 Kawata Masachika ) is a long-running Capcom employee who has worked with their titles since the mid-1990s. He is currently one of the senior producers attending to the Resident Evil franchise, alongside Hiroyuki Kobayashi.
Kawata joined Capcom in 1995, focusing on the design portion of games development. In 2004 he became a Producer.
|Game||Year of release||Role|
|Mega Man 8: Anniversary Edition||1996|
|Resident Evil 3: Nemesis||1999||Backgrounds creator|
|Dino Crisis 2||2000|
|Resident Evil||2002||Stage CG Lead Designer|
|Dino Crisis 3||2003||Stage CG Camera Crew|
|Resident Evil 4||2005||PS2 Conversion team producer and "Separate ways" producer|
|Resident Evil 5||2009|||
|Resident Evil: Revelations||2012||Producer|
|Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps||2016||Series producer|
|Resident Evil 7: Biohazard||2017||Producer|
- ↑ CLUB96 interview with Masachika Kawata.
- ↑ Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PC) credits - MobyGames
- ↑ Resident Evil (GCN) credits - MobyGames
- ↑ Resident Evil Archives II, page 238
- ↑ Resident Evil: Revelations credits
- ↑ Interview with Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps Series Producer Kawata-san and Producer James Vance - YouTube