The Matilda is a three-round burst pistol available for purchase from the Merchant after completing the main game once. It costs 70,000 pesetas and takes up 10 spaces (2x5) of Leon's inventory. It is the second largest 9mm handgun in the game, after the Red9 and its stock.
To start, it has a firepower of 1.5, a firing speed of 0.47, a reload speed of 1.70 and a capacity of 15. Fully upgraded, it has a firepower of 2.5, a firing speed of 0.47, a reload speed of 0.85 and a capacity of 30. The exclusive upgrade increases the capacity to 100.
The gun has a permanently equipped stock and fires in quick three-round bursts, providing rapid firepower & depleting Handgun ammunition very quickly.
Compared to the other handguns, the Matilda has middle range of firepower, but also the fastest rate of fire, the fastest reload speed and the largest capacity. However, it is also the most expensive handgun to fully upgrade.
The Matilda is the only gun in the game incapable of the "quick side-aiming" technique (turning the camera to the side, then pressing the aim button to instantly point in that direction).
- As the Merchant states, the Matilda does indeed burn through ammo very quickly. While a fully-upgraded Matilda can perform the same role as an automatic, care must be taken to preserve ammunition.
- By lightly tapping the trigger button, the player can fire single shots or two-round bursts. Mastering this technique will prove useful, as a two round burst has overall 5.0 damage, almost as much as the Red9 with its Exclusive upgrade.
- It may not be a good idea to purchase the exclusive upgrade for this gun, as the capacity of 30 rounds may help limit the player's firing. With the 100 round capacity it is more likely the player will get carried away and fire off a full magazine.
- Continuously tapping the trigger will allow this gun to fire in a near fully automatic fashion, dealing massive damage to boss enemies, but draining the player of 9mm ammo.
- A method to conserving handgun ammo is to use the TMP or a Shotgun against most regular enemies and save the handgun ammo for tougher enemies, such as Colmillos, Novistadores, or bosses.
|Level||Firepower||Cost||Fire Rate||Cost||Reload Time||Cost||Capacity||Cost|
- Examine Description: Matilda:
"A 9mm handgun with Burst-Fire capability."
- Merchant's Comment:
"An awesome choice, stranger. It's got a 3-round rapid fire capability. Although, it uses up ammo rather quickly."
Handguns similar in appearance or with the same name as the Matilda are featured in the following games:
- Resident Evil 2: VP70
- Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles: Matilda
- Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City: Matilda
- Resident Evil 6: Wing Shooter