(Capcom's primary storyline)
He managed to escape into the Raccoon Zoo searching for the evac center located by the Tram terminal in front of the zoo. He took damage on his way and took shelter in the office, where you will see him standing injured. If you don't kill the infected Zombie Elephant before going into the office, it will break through the wall and grab Matthew, killing him. But if you kill the elephant before entering the office, you can approach him and he will say "Be careful. Those things will kill you in a heartbeat."
Whether Matthew was able to survive the destruction of Raccoon City or not is unknown. However, taking into consideration that he was badly wounded once he got into the office, it is almost certain that he did not make it out alive from Raccoon Zoo, let alone Raccoon City.
Matthew has the following stats:
- A running speed similar to George Hamilton's
- Average Vitality (between 2000 and 2500)
- Attack power similar to David King's
- High infection rate of 1.48% per minute
- Matthew's character skin can only be accessed through cheat devices such as GameSharks.
- His name is Man8 in file 1.
- Matthew (or an NPC that uses his model) makes a small cameo in Decisions, Decisions' opening cutscene, where he appears along with several other survivors in the Temporary shelter of RPD's Garage.