|This article is an 'Orphan'
Please introduce links to this page from related articles.
- Raccoon Times, September 22, 1998
- TEENAGER ATTACKED IN CITY PARK
- RACCOON CITY-At, approximately 6:30 P.M. last night, fourteen-
- year-old Shanna Williamson was accosted by a mysterious stranger
- in downtown's Birch Street Park on the way home from softball
- practice. The man came out from behind a row of hedges at the
- south end of the park and knocked Ms. Williamson off of her
- bicycle before attempting to grab her. The teen managed to get
- away with only a few scratches, running to the nearby residence of
- Tom and Clara Atkins; Mrs. Atkins alerted the authorities, who
- conducted a thorough search of the park but found no sign of the
- attacker. According to the girl (through a police statement issued
- earlier this morning), the man appeared to be a transient; his
- clothes and hair were dirty, and she described a bad odor coming
- from him, a "smell like rotten fruit." She also said that he seemed
- drunk, staggering and falling after her as she ran.
- With the plague of cannibalistic murders from May to July still
- unsolved, the RPD is taking Ms. Williamson's encounter very
- seriously; the assailant bears a striking resemblance to eyewitness
- reports of the "gang" members spotted in Victory Park last June.
- Mayor Harris has called a press conference for later today, and
- Police Chief Brian Irons has stated already that with the first of
- the newly hired police officers expected next week, regular patrols
- will extend their routes to include the downtown park blocks...