Real Survival mode, known in Japan as the "Real Survival Mode" (リアル・サバイバル・モード Riaru sabaibaru mōdo ), is a feature in the 2002 remake of Resident Evil and its HD remaster. It is unlocked after completing "Once Again...", which is itself unlocked after completing the game once, saving it, and starting a new game from a Cleared Save file. In this mode, the game is set to Hard difficulty, auto-aim does not work, and the item boxes are no longer interconnected.
This mode is a reference to prototype versions of the original 1996 game: originally, the item boxes were not intended to be interconnected with one another, but this was changed later in development due to criticism from testers.
- The doorknob that usually breaks after opening the door twice from the East staircase through to the corridor to the back entrance will no longer break in Real Survival mode; this is acknowledged in the message that either Barry or Wesker leaves for Jill or Chris in the courtyard, respectively, where they now do not mention that they have fixed the doorknob.
- "One Dangerous Zombie" does not appear in this mode even if it is active.
- The infinite ammunition Rocket Launcher and Samurai Edge, if unlocked, do not carry across to this mode.
- Saved game files during this mode are in dark blue.
- ↑ Hard Mode vs Real Survival :: Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER General Discussions (February 3, 2015). Retrieved on February 21, 2017.
- ↑ Is the doorknob fixed from the start in Real Survival? - Resident Evil Message Board for GameCube - GameFAQs (August 14, 2015). Retrieved on February 21, 2017.
- ↑ any tips for real survival - Resident Evil HD Remaster Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs (January 21, 2015). Retrieved on February 21, 2017.