"Remington M1100-P. It uses 12 gauge rounds. Smaller than a standard M1100, as its barrel is cut."
Sporting a five-round capacity, this pump-action weapon is effective at close range and is recommended against strong enemies or groups of zombies.
The Shotgun can decapitate a zombie's head by aiming upwards while in close range. It can also destroy a zombie's torso or legs by aiming at the chest or downwards. However it will not kill the zombie, but instead split them in half. This leaves them crawling and will still try to bite the player.
The Shotgun can be found in several locations in both scenarios:
- Scenario A - Inside the Locker of the West office.
- Scenario A - Robert Kendo drops his shotgun when zombies overrun his store. (albeit with one less round due to him firing)
- Scenario B - In the R.P.D main hall.
Custom Shotgun Edit
"Remington M1100. M1100 full size semi-automatic. The longer barrel results in more concentrated blasts."
The weapon is identified as a Remington M1100. This full-size semi-automatic shotgun deals devastating wide spread damage to groups of enemies. It now holds seven rounds instead of five. The recoil of the weapon is enough to knock Leon back significantly. Aside from having stronger firepower, it also has a louder gunshot; combining the parts to the shotgun when not fully loaded (including empty) will automatically reload it to the 7-round capacity.
- With the upgraded M1100, a close range shot to a zombie's chest will not only decapitate, but inflict partial or complete destruction of the torso.
- Chris Redfield starts with the Custom Shotgun in his inventory, while Leon starts with a normal Shotgun.
- As Chris is stronger than Leon, he is able to control the Custom Shotgun's recoil and retarget quicker. He also taps the shotgun against his shoulder when idling, just like in the first Resident Evil.
- In Leon's game, there is a 50% chance that the Shotgun Parts will appear in the game. (located in Sewer B2) It will enable Leon to upgrade his Shotgun. (the parts appear in all 3 Levels of Extreme Battle Mode)