|Resident Evil: The Final Chapter|
|Director||Paul W.S. Anderson|
|Producer(s)||Paul W. S. Anderson|
|Writer||Paul W. S. Anderson|
|Release date||January 27, 2017|
|Country of origin||USA|
|Previous film||Resident Evil: Retribution|
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter[Working Title], formerly referred to as "Resident Evil 6", is an upcoming 3D science-fiction action/horror film written and directed by Paul W. S. Anderson. It is the sixth installment in a series of film adaptations based loosely on Capcom's survival horror video game series Resident Evil. It was initially planned to be released to theaters on September 12, 2014, but was pushed back to September 2, 2016, and then January 27, 2017, with filming starting in August 2015.
"Picking up immediately after the events in Resident Evil: Retribution, humanity is on its last legs after Alice is betrayed by Wesker in Washington D.C. As the only survivor of what was meant to be humanity’s final stand against the undead hordes, Alice must return to where the nightmare began – Raccoon City, where the Umbrella Corporation is gathering its forces for a final strike against the only remaining survivors of the apocalypse. In a race against time Alice will join forces with old friends, and an unlikely ally, in an action packed battle with undead hordes and new mutant monsters. Between losing her superhuman abilities and Umbrella’s impending attack, this will be Alice’s most difficult adventure as she fights to save humanity, which is on the brink of oblivion."
Early considerations Edit
Director Paul W.S. Anderson stated in an interview that their original plan was to produce Retribution and a sixth installment back-to-back, but he later decided to focus on just the fifth film. In the same interview, Anderson stated that if Retribution does well financially, then a sixth film would be developed and it will be the finale of the series. Milla Jovovich revealed that she is planning to star in a sixth and final installment of the franchise which will close out the series' storyline. Her husband, Anderson, pitched her the idea while vacationing following wrapping the fifth film and that the series would most likely continue past a sixth film, just not with her as the star. A sixth film was confirmed by Sony distribution's head Rory Bruer. In an interview with Forbes, producer Samuel Hadida stated that a sixth and seventh installment are planned and a reboot of the series is possible.
Pre-production and delays Edit
By the end of 2013, Milla Jovovich had been confirmed to return as Alice, and Michelle Rodriguez was also set be making another appearance. Paul Anderson had come up with a basic plot outline during the development of the previous film according to an interview with Collider. though as of February 2014 had not written a completed script. At the time the magazine estimated a release date of somewhere in Autumn 2015.
Shooting of the film has been significantly delayed past its early-2014 production. This was initially due to the commitments of both Milla and Paul Anderson to other film projects, with Anderson having just completed the film Pompeii in January. As a result, pre-production of the film been halted until after their filming schedules and subsequent vacation were over, with the script not being completed by February 2014. In June of that year, Anderson confirmed he was writing the first draft of the film, which he referred to under the working title Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. On August 18, 2014 Jovovich announced on her Facebook page that she's pregnant with a second child, meaning the production on the film would be delayed further. Jovovich announced on her Facebook that filming will start in August 2015. Principal photography on the film began on September 18, 2015 in Cape Town, South Africa.
- ↑ Resident Evil 6 now scheduled for 2014. Crave Online. Retrieved on 2013-03-05.
- ↑ Resident Evil 6 Page Confirms The Release. Movie Insider. Retrieved on Friday the 13th of December, 2013
- ↑ comingsoon.net
- ↑ comingsoon.net
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Jim Vejvoda (18 September 2015). Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Begins Production, Full Cast and Plot Synopsis Revealed. IGN. Retrieved on 19 September 2015.
- ↑ Resident Evil 6 (2014). The Official Milla Jovovich Website.
- ↑ Stated by the Resident Evil 6 (2014). The official Michelle Rodriguez Website. retrieved on the 15th of December 2013
- ↑ Resident Evil 6’: Ali Larter Returns as Claire Redfield. Brian Gallagher. retrieved on the 3rd of August 2015
- ↑ http://collider.com/paul-ws-anderson-resident-evil-retribution-interview
- ↑ Resident Evil 6 hits theaters in 2014. TG Daily. Retrieved on 2013-04-21.
- ↑ "Paul W.S. Anderson Talks RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION & RESIDENT EVIL 6; Reveals Extended Cut Coming on Blu-ray", Collider. Retrieved on 2014-03-30.
- ↑ "RESIDENT EVIL 6 Update: No Release Date. No Script. But Director Paul W.S. Anderson and Screen Gems Want to Make it", Collider. Retrieved on 2014-03-30.
- ↑ Chitwood, Adam (June 16, 2014). Exclusive RESIDENT EVIL 6 Updates: Tentatively Titled RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER, Planned as the Last Film, and First Draft Is Currently Being Written. Collider. Retrieved on June 16, 2014.
- ↑ Milla Jovovich Facebook post, dated 18th August, 2014
- ↑ 
- ↑ Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Cast Revealed
- ↑ 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' starts filming in South Africa