Resident Evil Mercenaries VS. is an online game for the iPhone Operating System (iOS).
Resident Evil Mercenaries VS.
The game features the locations and enemies of the Resident Evil 4 and cast of Resident Evil 5 of the Mercenaries mini-game. It presumably runs on the same engine that is used for Resident Evil 4: Mobile Edition.
Resident Evil VS. (GREE)
Resident Evil VS is an alternative and updated higher quality version of the game developed for the GREE social mobile gaming platform slated for released for both iOS and Android OS was showcased and teased by CAPCOM along with a Monster Hunter game.
The game was released on the GREE Platform for the IOS in 2013, However, despite being slated for an Android release, it was never released on that system. The game itself is free, unlocking content and other characters requires payment with real money (pay to play).
The game is graphically comparable to Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. The game play style is similar to that of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D with the cast of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D included along with many customization options and extra costumes included, one note worthy feature included is that the player is even able to customize the color of the character's costume, which of course requires money. In this game, like Versus mode from Resident Evil 5, players are pitted against each other to fight in multiple stages, to gain high scores, complete challenges and gain further unlockables, the difference is that it supports up to more than 4 players at once.
It was removed from the Australian iOS Store sometime later without previous or further notice.
When compared to "Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D" (3DS Title), it is less popular than Mercenaries 3D which is more popular especially in the west, which can be alluded to multiple reasons:
- It is a game that was released on the Gree social gaming platform, which is very popular and for use in Japan, mostly.
- It was not available anywhere else aside from the Australia and Japanese iOS store.
- It includes pay to play elements.
- It is strictly based on the Versus mode.
- It was not released on Android.
- People overseas (anywhere aside from Asian countries) treat mobile games as simple time passers with much focus on actual gaming consoles and handhelds (and PCs).
- It was never promoted, only showcased in Tokyo Game Show once.
- ↑ http://toucharcade.com/2012/06/05/e3-gree-shows-off-resident-evil-vs/
- ↑ http://www.capcom.co.jp/smartphone/bio-vs_jp/