Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(Capcom's primary storyline)
Robert "Bob" Kendo was a Japanese-American owner of the Kendo Gun Shop in Raccoon City. He was a close friend of Special Tactics And Rescue Service member Barry Burton, and helped to create custom guns for Barry and the other S.T.A.R.S. members.
Both Robert and his brother, Joseph, were involved in the gun market - Robert being the seller and Joseph being a customiser. Together they developed the Beretta 92F S.T.A.R.S. Special, otherwise known as the "Samurai Edge". The Samurai Edge may have been an order from S.T.A.R.S. officer Barry Burton, a personal friend of Robert's.
Following the spread of the t-Virus into the water supply and the mass appearance of Zombies on September 25 1998, Robert handed out the majority of his gun stock to civilians as protection. He felt guilty in doing so, as the Raging Bull Barry had ordered was given to the crowd. He nonetheless remained hopeful of his chances of survival; expecting Barry to come looking for him, he left a note detailing his planned escape to the nearby town, Stone Ville. As the days went by and the civilians disappeared, Robert took to hiding behind the counter of the store, unwilling to even lock the door in case it alerted the Zombies.
On September 29, 1998, Claire Redfield entered the store on her way to the Raccoon City Police Department. Robert was initially shocked to find a survivor, but calmed down and locked the door to officer a level of protection before explaining the situation. His fears of the shop front were found correct, as four Zombies following Claire broke through the window and killed him.
- Robert Kendo did not appear in Hideki Kamiya's script for Resident Evil 2, now referred to as "BIOHAZARD 1.5". He does share the skin of an otherwise unrelated character from that build called "John".
- In the Wildstorm/DC Comics prequel to Resident Evil 2, entitled Raccoon City R.I.P., Kendo sells a weapon to Ben Bertolucci, as well as another man, Jorge. The letter refers to him as "George".
- His nationality was confirmed in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, through the archive files.
- Leon and Claire bear witness to his final seconds in The Darkside Chronicles as he struggles in vain to break free of the zombies devouring his flesh, unlike the original scenario in which he was actually alive to meet Leon and Claire in Resident Evil 2.
- In the Resident Evil 2 preview disc, there are some unused backgrounds of Chief Brian Irons' office. While mostly incomplete, they feature Robert Kendo sitting at Irons' desk with a dead female zombie in front of him on the desk.
- While in the gun shop, if the player runs towards Robert and presses the action button, they will find a weapon. If the player chooses Claire, they will get a Bow Gun, however if the player chooses Leon, they will get a Remington 870, in both scenarios, the weapon will have a shotgun shell and 3 arrows less due to Robert using it in a cutscene, also it will make Brad not to appear in the RPD's entrance.
- Tahara, Seiji (田原 誠司), ed (1998). BIOHAZARD 2 Official Guide Book. Japan: Famitsu.
- Sumner, Christian; Shotten, Brian; Owen, Michael, eds (9 November 2005). Resident Evil Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered. Translated by Zpang America, Inc.. BradyGames. ISBN 0744006554.