Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Submachine Gun is featured in Resident Evil 2 as the primary automatic weapon. It is identified as a MAC11 Submachine gun. It takes up two inventory slots.
This weapon can be found in the R.P.D. armory alongside a Side Pack by either character. To gain access to the armory, players must obtain the Red Card Key from the nearby Autopsy Room, as well as supply power to the card reader by solving a puzzle in the nearby power room.
- If a player takes this weapon in the A Scenario, it will be unavailable in that location for the following B Scenario.
Though the Submachine Gun's ammunition is rather weak compared to 9mm Handgun Bullets, its Full-Auto capability and huge magazine capacity more than makes up for it.
- One spare magazine can be found on the B Scenario, on a dead body of a mercenary in the double locked room within William Birkin's Lab. However, if the player took the weapon in the A scenario or refused to collect it in the B scenario, one will appear instead in the same place as the magazine would be.
- An unlockable infinite ammo version of the SMG is available. It is acquired by finishing the B scenario of either character in under three hours and getting an A or B ranking. However, using it will instantly drop the player's rank down to a B, even if the player meets all other requirements to obtain an A ranking.
- Ada Wong starts with the Submachine Gun in her inventory.
- A spare Submachine Gun can be found inside the B2F Power Room of the Underground Lab. (the place where the self-destruct mechanism is located) (take note that three Enhanced Lickers guard it)
"MAC11. Manufactured by Military Armament CORP. It uses DOT380 rounds."