Suspended remains humanoid in appearance and possesses many traits not common to lickers, such as eyes and a lack of exposed brain tissue. Suspended "suspends" itself from ceilings by its hind feet (now more hand-like), lashing out at potential victims with its claws and elongated tongue. Suspended seems to have its intestines hanging out. It is unknown if this is the result of a zombie attack prior to its death as a human, or just a sign of decay. Unlike the lickers, Suspended uses its tongue as a whip instead of a spear, strangling or lashing its victims to death. Throughout the entire period of the outbreak, only one was ever reported, in the lobby of the Apple Inn during the evacuation of the underpass region.
|Tongue Attack (舌攻撃)||100-180||200-340||300-400||400-600||Suspended attacks with a single powerful lash.|
|Repeated tongue attack (連続舌攻撃)||20-35||45-60||50-65||55-70||This attack consists of several, weaker tongue lashes.|
|Repeated tongue attack-final (連続舌攻撃・最後の1発)||150-180||160-240||260-320||300-380||Suspended succeeds the above attack with a final, more powerful lash.|
|First tongue lift (舌吊り上げ1発目)||200-350||500-650||550-700||600-750|
|Second tongue lift (舌吊り上げ2発目以降)||100-150||110-200||110-250||120-300|
- On the Hard and Very Hard modes, as soon as the player rings the bell, lickers will go below the Suspended as if they want to protect it.
- It is one of the weakest enemies in the whole series (having 1800HP-3000HP depending on the difficulty). On EASY mode, three hits from the shotgun will kill it. The Suspended can also be neutralized with 2-5 grenade hits, and is extremely weak against the Spear.
- Mark type characters can block its lash attacks, even the retaliatory one it does after taking damage. Instead of knocking them down, the last hit will simply push them back a couple of feet.
- Some of George's lines during the fight imply that he knew who the Suspended mutated from.
- Despite not making an appearance, Suspended's model is in Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles data. This is because the Outbreak series assets were used heavily for making sections of Raccoon City.
- ↑ BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK Perfect Capture guidebook. p. 67.