Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
T-00 (tentative) also known as Trenchy was the batch-number of a specific T-103 sent to obtain the G-virus sample. One of six in its group, it was air dropped by a helicopter in Raccoon City on September 29, 1998. Unlike the other Ts being transported, T-00 was air-dropped into the Raccoon City Police Department, where it confronted survivors Leon Scott Kennedy and Ada Wong a number of times (while non-canon, it still confronts survivors Claire Redfield and Sherry Birkin if the player plays the "Claire B" Scenario). The remaining five T's were dropped off at the "Incineration Disposal Plant P-12A", and were to kill the US military troops that had broken into the building.
At 12:00 on September 29, 1998, Umbrella, under article 12 of their Internal Emergency Procedures, surrendered control of all materiel and personnel still within Raccoon City to Colonel Sergei Vladimir. The colonel's mission orders for the Raccoon City mission were enacted within hours; at 20:40, an Umbrella UH-60 transport helicopter carrying six T-103s flew over the Raccoon City Police Department. Of the Tyrants inside, five were tasked to annihilate Army SpecOps investigating the Incineration Disposal Plant P-12A.; One of them, T-00 (designated "T1" for mission convenience), was assigned for another mission: to complete HUNK's mission by obtaining any surviving sample of the G-virus and return it to Umbrella, and to execute any surviving police officers it encountered.
Deployment and Hunt For Leon
T-00 was dropped by the helicopter through the roof of the police precinct and into the 2F East Passage just next to the helipad, illustrating the urgency the transport helicopter had in its mission. Within moments, it confronted rookie police officer and secondary target Leon S. Kennedy. Leon managed to escape the monster in his first encounter with a B.O.W., though would be ambushed several more times as he collected important items around the station.[notes 1]
Approaching 0500, Leon, who was exploring the Raccoon City Underground Laboratory, was amazed to find that in the hours since his last encounter, and the eight miles distance between the R.P.D. and his current location,[notes 2] the Tyrant had managed to find him. He was cornered and awaiting death when Ada Wong ran into the room and began firing wildly at the B.O.W.; wounded, the monster managed to thrash her against a computer panel before falling into a slag vat.
Even this, however, was not enough to eliminate the Tyrant; it had climbed out of the vat in the thirty minutes since its last encounter and, its power limiter destroyed, transformed into a Super Tyrant. It was at this point that an unseen individual from above the vat tossed a FIM-92 Stinger down below to Leon, finally allowing him the chance to destroy his pursuer once and for all - it was completely obliterated in the ensuing explosion.
Resident Evil 2
The DarkSide Chronicles
Operation Raccoon City
- T-00 has been given a number of nicknames over the years. Claire refers to it as "Mr. X" in the novelization of Resident Evil 2, along with "Doctor Evil". "Mr. X" was also used in other U.S. Capcom promotional merchandising for Resident Evil 2, such as action figures.
- In Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, it was nicknamed "Trenchy" by Leon.
- He is one of the two main antagonists of Resident Evil 2, the other being William Birkin.
- Once the T-00 is downed in Resident Evil 2, players will be able to pick up ammunition on certain occasions by examining his body. This only works in the story mode.
- The localization for Resident Evil 2 has Brian Irons erroneously inferring that the T-00 was created by the G-Virus and that it was the ultimate bioweapon. In the original script, he instead commented that the virus has the ability to rapidly advance human evolution without even mentioning the T-00.
- Sumner, Christian; Shotten, Brian; Owen, Michael, eds (9 November 2005). Resident Evil Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered. Translated by Zpang America, Inc.. BradyGames. ISBN 0744006554.
- ↑ Playing in Leon's B-game, he is ambushed twice near the press room.
- ↑ The Arklay Laboratory and Research Center are established to being some eight miles north-west of Raccoon City. The underground facility is based below the Research Center.