Notice: This article or section is devoted to translating foreign text into English. Transcription has been completed; translation has been completed.
｢始祖ウイルス｣ を軍事利用するために改良が加えられたウイルス｡[notes 1]
頭文字の ｢t｣ は､ 暴君を意味する "tyrant" の略称といわれている｡
このような状態になった人間は､ 通称で ｢ゾンビ｣ と呼ばれる｡
人間を襲う (食べる) のも､ その影響である｡
なお､その原村料とも言える ｢始祖ウイルス｣ は､ 名前以外ほとんどなにも分ってない未知のウイルスである｡
The Progenitor Virus has been improved for use as a military virus.
The initial, "t", is said to be an abbreviation of "tyrant", meaning "tyrant".[notes 2]
Human beings infected with this virus mutate.
Major contents of the mutations are as follows:
- Putrefaction of the skin, engorgement
- Deterioration of muscle fiber
- Degeneration of extreme intelligence
- Paralysis of pain sensation
- Metabolic activation
A human who becomes such a state is referred to as a so-called "zombie".
They appear as a crumbling, decaying body and their movements are slow, however despite their fragile appearance they have strength that is more than double that of a normal human.
To stop them, the only option is to destroy the head.
It can be inferred from its active metabolism that it is always in a state of starvation.
Consequently, they will attack (i.e. eat) other humans.
If a person is bitten or injured by its attack, it is likely that the victim has been infected with the virus.
When encountering zombies, do not permit their approach. Aim to hit the head with firearms from a distance. It is considered safe and the most effective.
(For more for instructions on what to do, see Section 17 of Section 13 of the file from "t-15" combat drill)
Aside from the raw materials and its name, the "Progenitor Virus" as it is called, almost nothing is known about the virus.
The future study and investigation of the Progenitor Virus is top priority.
- ↑ Capcom's name, "Progenitor Virus", is derived from Kanji spellings for other words equivalent to "Founder" and "mother", and hence why the other two have been used in localizations. In keeping line with canon, the Resident Evil Wiki will use the intended meaning, "Progenitor".
- ↑ In the Japanese text, the first instance of tyrant is written in the Latin alphabet, while the other uses Kanji. This is because, due to its Japanese-intended audience, it is teaching the etymology of "t-Virus", which would otherwise be unknown to those who haven't studied English.