The timer bomb is a homemade bomb that only David King can build by combining a Battery and his spare parts. In order to ignite it, a player must have a lighter in his/her inventory and combine it with the timer bomb. As the name suggests, the bomb will explode several seconds after being ignited, giving the player the opportunity to get away from it.
- It has almost the same use as the proximity bomb in Resident Evil 5.
- It's one of the most powerful weapons in the Outbreak series, causing 2000 damage to HP. This could put most characters in the game into "danger" status.
- It is highly useful in the "desperate times" scenario of Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 to clear out the zombies while defending the main entrance.
- There's a glitch in the game that allows the player to ignite the bomb without the use of a lighter. If the player gives the timber bomb to an AI character and then requests to use it, the bomb can be placed on the ground to automatically ignite.
- Ara, Masui, ed (2004). BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK FILE 2 GRAND BIBLE. Japan: Capcom.