Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Tyrant (T-103 Mass Produced Type), batch-number "T-078", was an experimental form of Tyrant derived from Umbrella's T-103 type.
As with other T-103s, batch-number T-078 was developed by genetically-altering the body of a human male through the use of genetic manipulation.[notes 1] This T-103 was noted for being without a limiter coat so as to test the effects of using a T-103 without such a device. Therefore, its blunted claws, which it used as battering rams, should not be considered present on all other batch numbers of the .
The Tyrant was delivered to Rockfort Island in a transport mission supervised by the Umbrella Security Service agent "HUNK" on the orders of the island base's commander, Alfred Ashford. During the Hive/Host Capture Force's attack on Rockfort Island, Lord Ashford unleashed the Tyrant to kill Claire Redfield and Steve Burnside, two prisoners that were making their escape. While the Tyrant was seemingly defeated before reaching the prisoners' C-130 Hercules, it managed to grab hold of the plane as it escaped the island moments before a series of explosions destroyed much of the base.
Boarding the plane via the cargo bay door, the Tyrant then mutated into its Super Tyrant form. Claire was able to release a cargo crate from its safety harness, allowing it to be thrown into the B.O.W., sending both out into the sea below.
|Dash attack||ダッシュ攻撃 (Dasshu kōgeki)||40-50|
- This Tyrant is commonly referred to as the T-078 amongst fans. This is actually incorrect because T-078 is really the mass production batch number and not an official designation for this Tyrant.
- In the Darkside Chronicles, T-078 was able to throw the crate out of the plane and then was killed by a missile let loose by Steve and Claire. This may have been a reference to the Hypnos-T Type of Resident Evil Survivor, which was killed after a missile blew it away from the aircraft it was assaulting.
- The Tyrant that got inside the plane's cargo could have been inside of a rocket-style pod.
- ↑ Excerpt from BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho, page 80:
"｢T-ウイルスを用いた生物兵器の究極形｣を目指して開発されたB.O.W.。成人男性の肉体にT-ウイルスを投与し、 遺伝子の強化・改造をほどこした結果、 ｢暴君｣の名にふさわしい強靭さ、 破壊力が実現された。ロックフォート島にいるのはアンブレラ特殊部隊により島へ運びこまれた量産型の1体で、 従来は生命の危機に瀕する。までかかっていたリミッターがら解除されている。"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 (in Japanese) BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho. Enterbrain. pp. 80–81.